My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

18 July 2008

Just a thought...

If soldiers that are stationed away from their spouse are considered geographical bachelors. These are times when the family just isn't able to accompany the soldier because of things like having a senior in high school or special medical/educational needs for children. They are separated and maintain separate households even though they are married. So if that applies to soldiers then doesn't that make the children of deployed soldier Geographical Bastards? Just a thought...and it makes complete sense in my little mind.


Brandy just told the kids that if they didn't be quiet then they were gonna lose their voice. Korbin was loud so I called him down. I told him to get me a bottle out of the recycle bin so I could put his voice into it. He said "but I like my voice" in the most innocent voice that I nearly bust up laughing and totallly blew the whole thing!

I sent him back upstairs and heard him tell his friends "everyone needs to be a little more quieter or they are gonna take our voices". I will be paying for many years of therapy in the future. But it works.....for a minute!


Here are my geographical bastards....We miss you so much Kirke!!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if soldiers are geographical bachelors and kids are geographical bastards then what does that make us?

Sonya said...

I am totally going to have to borrow that for Tres when he gets older!!! I like that "I will bottle your voice"!!! :)

Hope you are having a good day and wish you the best for this weekend! Is Kirke gone for a year or 9 months...whatever deployment is?

Many hugs!
Sonya

My Two Army Brats said...

Army deployments right now are 15 months. Kirke's will only be 13 1/2since he was gone to school for 9 weeks when the other guys left. Either way he's gone for way too long. Next month will make our lives easier because we'll be down to just one year.

Brandy I think that might make us single. Or not...we're still just married ragged old bags.

Mum-me said...

I call myself a 'situationally single mum' whenever the army sends my husband away.

See here -
http://ouraussiehalf-dozen.blogspot.com/2008/05/real-life-remote-control.html