My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

12 September 2008

We Can Still Have Baby Chimichangas!

We got our chinchillas almost a week ago. They are so much fun. We got our new cage in the mail yesterday along with a ton of accessories thanks to an awesome auction on EBay!

The pet store lady told us we had a boy and a girl so we trusted her. But I didn't know which one was which. So when I got home I got online to a little chinchilla research. One article showed which is male and which is female so I decided to violate the chinchillas to see for sure. They hate being on their back or held upright so I had to look fast and they both looked exactly the same to me!

I told the boys that I was sorry but we wouldn't be having baby chinchillas because they were both girls. Tayton quickly informed me "Mom don't girls have babies? So since we have two girls won't we just have more babies than if we only had one girl?"

I really wasn't ready for that conversation just yet! So of course I just told him there has to be a boy too to help make the babies. He asked how? Grrr I thought I was off the hook. So of course I did what any mom like me would do. I lied! Well not technically. I told him that the boys have to give the girls some stuff that helps make the baby. But I wasn't about to go into the whole story. Isn't the dad supposed to have that talk with the boys in the family?

Luckily upon further investigation from my dear friend Amber we found out that Pikachu is indeed a male! Korbin is mad as hell that his chinchilla is a girl!

3 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

too funny on the chimichangas and telling the boys ... ha mom you will have to do it... now for curiosity sake and a tad bit of nosiness... what poll ??? I musta missed it LOL. darn.
Happy friday!
Hugs Laura

My Two Army Brats said...

The poll about wether or not it was inappropriate to ask a friend with a deployed husband multiple times to babysit so you could go on date night over a span of 3 days of saying no and then ask her to keep him for date weekend.

That's all no biggie....well it wasn't till she identified me and made me out to be a horrible person on a public message board and then proceeded to direct her message board buddies to my blog. You know me....evil!!

MommaSuds said...

That was so funny when we looked again.You just gotta pull back all that fur on their belly to see better.

And,you are evil ya know!