My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

16 September 2008

My Friends SUCK Rock!

A couple days ago Brandy and/or Amber *for this post we shall call them Bramber because I can't be certain who said what or even if either of them were actually there in real life!* told me that my tail light and brake light were out on my van on the passenger side. Good friends do things like that right? And so being the naieve trusting friend that I am I went ahead and bought replacement bulbs at Wal-Mart (again we don't have a Target, I'm sorry) a day or two after Bramber told me. They sat in my van waiting to be installed until tonight.

We got home from Columbia, dinner and a quick shopping trip for lunch stuff for tomorrow and I decided while my naughty little blond boys showered I'd go ahead and change the bulbs. First I had to hunt for the dumb socket set because I tend to relocate things continuously in the house to keep things interesting.

Once I found them I went out to get to work. My wonderful neighbor came over to see if he could lend a hand and of course despite my feeling the need to prove myself as a competent woman who can change out a bulb I let him jump right in. He loosened the two bolts and then said "wait is this the side?" To which I replied "umm that's what they told me". So he decided we'd better check first to make sure.

So I jumped in the car and stepped on the brake pedal. Guess what? Give up? The lights all worked for the brakes. So he told me to turn on the headlights to see if it was just the tail lights. Guess what? Yep you got it.... THEY ALL WORKED! "Try your blinker" he instructed. I did that too, guess what? Tired of this game? Me too!! "Turn on the four ways so you can come back here and see".(I know he's bossy right?) Not one single one of my lights on the back of my car were out. Not one my friends, not one!

Instead of looking like a perfectly capable 28ish year old woman I looked like the dumb neighbor with a deployed husband who changes out perfectly good lightbulbs just because her friends tell her they are burned out and doesn't check for herself! Thanks Bramber! I needed to look foolish today!

Oh hey Brandy, your headlight isn't really out either! So there! And Amber you're blinker fluid needs filled! Ha ha! So there HA!

6 comments:

Roger Miller said...

April Fools!

Oh wait, too late/early for that.

Don't forget to tell them to change out the summer air in their tires for the more fuel efficient, and greener Autumn Air. It's the latest thing from Al Gore to save the planet.

Serious.

Maybe. :)

Anonymous said...

I swear it was out I spied with it with my little eye. Maybe your wires are messed up.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

my car has a short in it and at any give time I may or may not have two headlights... that could be the case on your vehicle too!

Anonymous said...

Oh I just thought about this ... you know it was out too cause the other night you asked which side it was I said the passenger side but let me press the brake to show you and you said youre right its the passenger side. SO if were crazy you are too but we still love you lol.

Burgh Baby said...

Revenge is a drink best served cold. Just sayin'.

Tonya Staab said...

LMAO. That would so happen to me. I have two burned out lights in the kids rooms and I've changed the bulbs and they don't work. Guarantee when I call the housing office this week to fix the lights they put in a bulb and they work. I'll be soooo embarrassed.