My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

08 September 2008

Meet the Newest "Best Style" Pokemon

We added two new family members to our already crazy chaotic world. I figured ah what the heck we need a little more excitement around here right?


My friend Wendy got two chinchilla's a while ago. She bought them while her hubby was at work on duty for 24 hours. Not to say he didn't know she was gonna get them but she is a fly by the seat of your pants, make decisions impulsively kinda girl like me! She called me and she said something along the lines of "hey have you ever heard of chinchillas? I think I might get one." I of course love to add fuel to the fire and she told me that there were two in the cage and she'd feel bad if she had to choose between them. My advice was that she'd better get them both of course because that makes sense in my little mind. She called me back a little bit later frantic because she had made another crazy choice and bought two chinchillas! Fast forward to the next morning when her husband came home from work and met the new furry family members. He called Wendy up and said "I'm holding the chimichanga's"!



Ever since then we have called them "chimichanga's"! It cracks me up! I can picture Neal standing there cuddled up to one of these:






We got some chimichanga's of our own! The boys and I are super excited about our new additions to the family. We got a boy and a girl. Betcha can't guess what the boys named them? Tayton named his Pikachu.

Ok that's a real Pikachu but can't you see the resemblence?



Blog readers meet Chimchar! Korbins favorite Pokemon and therefore the name of his Chimichanga!

9 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

interesting creatures do they get big? love the pokemon namings :)
hummm a good chimichanga ... yummm

Lilac_moon17 said...

Those things look like a cross between a squirrel and a mouse. They are cute, but all I think about is them chewing up everything in the house and leaving little droppings everywhere. Hope that isn't the case

MaBunny said...

Hmm, never had a real chimichanga, but the chinchillas are adorable!

MommaSuds said...

I can totally see the resemblance of the Pickachu's.He lookes just like the real one in the pic with the ball.

I just love watching those cute little fur balls play and run around.You made a good choice getting them both!

KG said...

They sure are cute ...

I once had this guinnea pig that was actually so old when it died that apparently it had tooth decay.

There's a fun fact for you.

My Two Army Brats said...

They stay little. My friend has had hers for over a year and they aren't too much bigger.

They do leave a little trail behind them but it sweeps up easily and they don't pee all over, they can be pee-litter trained actually.

Maybe I should brush their teeth to avoid tooth decay? Hmm I don't see that happening. But I'll be sure they have plenty to chew on!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

you are so very correct on the skeleton key and meaning... rick first drew it with her face showing I told him NO thats all wrong turn her around... the little girl lost is very much the image i wanted and in some ways I got part of the idea from the movie "where the heart is" there is a scene where the woman takes a picture of her little girl after a tornado destroys everything , she is leaning on a small buckeye tree holding her teddie bear looking at the remains of her home... that desolation and feeling of searching.... well it fit perfectly.
thanks for the comments :) I think from many of your posts and comments you think a whole lot like me :D
Laura

Anonymous said...

Chins are adorable. Makes me miss mine! The chimichanga thing? Priceless. Now your twitter makes some sense...ya know the chimichangas and the movie...I thought ummm ok LOL

Sonya said...

Oh my gosh...those things are cute! And that chimichanga looks YUMMO!

P.S...I left something for you on my blog!

Take Care!
Sonya