Riding in the car with my kids is freakin fantastic. Every time I clean out the car I get mad and I swear there will be no more eating in the car! I lie. Every time I lie. I don't want to let them eat in the car but with our lifestyle and my impulsive personality we often end up jumping in the car and headed off on some ridiculous mission for no reason other than to satisfy my need for spazzy chaos.
Friday Brandy and I decided to head on up to Rolla to finish up our Christmas shopping. Amber's husband is home for his 2 weeks of R&R so she'll be preoccupied for a while (if you know what I mean) which leaves Brandy and I at the mercy of one another without the friend that keeps us living in reality and from doing anything to outrageous.
I loaded up the little blond boys and headed off to Brandy's after picking up her mail from Amber. You see Brandy is living off post and apparently the mail route stops two or three houses up the road from her because her house is new. It's stupid. So anyhow, we pick up a million packages and 59 letters and go to Brandy's. I left the naughty little blond boys in the car while I carried in two of the four boxes and then went back out to grab the others. I told them to stay in the car and stay buckled because they were riding with us to Rolla.
They stayed in the car.....for a minute. We can blame Brandy for this because she wanted to open her packages real quick before we left. In those few minutes I saw one little blond boy in the driver seat, the keys were not in the ignition I had tossed them up onto the dashboard like any irresponsible impulsive crazy idiot mom would do. Then I saw one brown girl in the passenger seat and I yelled out for them to all get out of the car and wait for us.
Tayton decided he should play the adult and they jumped out so he quickly locked the doors.
Yep with my keys inside!
I heard my alarm going off when one of the kids tried to open a door. I ran outside because I knew the keys were in it and there they were looking at me from the dashboard with my phone laughing at me. Mocking my poor parenting!
I yelled a little, I was mad as can be. I put both boys on the stairs and made them sit there until the tow truck guy came to unlock my van. Instead of a tow truck, a taxi showed up. He crammed a block of wood into the door crack and then he stuck this inflatable little sack into it and blew it up. I told Brandy we could have just used her bra but she "says" she doesn't wear that kind.
He poked around inside my van for about ten minutes until I felt completely violated before he finally hit the unlock button and rescued my cell phone and keys. It cost me $45 of money I planned to use to shop for their naughty little lock-your-keys-in-the-car-butts!
By the end of the night I was ready to jump from the van as we were driving down the interstate because 5 kids in the van for a half hour and then trying to shop FOR my boys with them WITH me really sucked! Although it was super cute when Korbin said "oooo mom I need this monster truck, I'll pretend I didn't see it so you can sneak it in the cart". I'm pretty sure they're on to me.
Another contributor to my bad day was when I decided that yesterday was a good day to see what Korbin was like without his new ADHD meds that we had just started less than two weeks prior. Bad plan. I like my sweet, although emotional Korbin much better than the angry, frustrated, mean Korbin that has emerged since the incident at public school that led to my homeschooling the boys last month!
Today I had a friend who was brave enough to keep my boys so I could finish up the shopping without them. To my amazement even Tayton wanted to stay with her after we visited for about an hour. He never wants to stay with anyone so I was very happy! She will also begin homeschooling with us in January so he'd better get used to her now!
I finished shopping, I swear I'm done!
Tomorrow we're going to load the 5 kids and Brandy and I and head up to St Louis to drive through the Christmas lights at Jellystone park. That should be fun.....or something like that!
My Real Life Army Brats
21 December 2008
What A Weekend!
Posted by My Two Army Brats at 12:26 AM
Labels: naughty little blonde boys, What the hell is she talking about?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I will take the blame for the little blonde boy locking the car door since I just had to check my mail. Who wouldve thought that you would have left you keys on the dashboard atleast in the ignition the doors wont lock ... lol.
I love that even when your not having the best time, you turn it into the best time...
And the bra thing...hysterical!!
Have fun at Jellystone!!
I have often felt like jumping from my moving van too - tee hee!!
Have a great week - Kellan
I will stay out side with the little blond boys and you and martha can shop to your hears content! It should be a pretty fun day lots of riding 3 hours up 3 hours back but inbetween should be great! supper is in the crock pot the crock pot is on low and... as soon as the truck is loaded off we go!
HUgs laura
You have over tickled my funny bone...LOL what a day ...LOL
(for me) LOL
sounds like a fun day-NOT!
at least you still have a sense of humor about it-made me chuckle-iI remember those days when the kids were smaller-never locked the keys in the car-put Connor did set off the alarm a couple years ago while waiting in the car for me at the convience store-his eyes were like saucers! When I opened the dooor he said..I didn't do it!:) they never do!
Tracy
Love those boys! Now please tell me you have already made the spare set of keys to keep with B or A? PLEASE! LOLOL!
Post a Comment