My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

06 December 2008

I Need A Little Help

As you all know we're a military family. This leads to feeling really disconnected to our families back home. My brother and I have always been super close and he has a beautiful, kind hearted wife and the cutest almost 3 year old I have ever seen. When I started my blog and got over being freaked out about people actually reading it, I gave out the address to my friends and family back home. I felt that they could use it to feel a connection to our family and feel like they know the boys a little better. It's been wonderful for those who actually take the time to read it.

So while blogging for me has helped my family/friends and husband feel like they are connected to us a little better from far away we still lack the connection to them. I've been trying to get my brother and his wife to blog so that I can feel a connection to their son who I have only met a couple times.

I think I've finally got her convinced to blog BUT now she says she needs a name for a blog. So I'm asking all 3 of my readers for some suggestions.

Here's a little bit about them to help you out:

They live in Michigan.
Their son's name is Carson.
He reminds us all of my own mohog wearing crazy acting Korbin! (God help them!)
David is ugly. (ok i'm just kidding.......sorta)
Elizabeth is a hairstylist and they have a salon in their home.
A second child is in the plans.
David was in the Army for 4 years.

And here is a video of the cutest version of Jesus Loves Me that I've ever seen!

I hope someone can inspire something or trigger something in them to find a name and get blogging!

7 comments:

The Muse said...

http://www.freeourvoices.blogspot.com/

http://www.speakoftruth.blogspot.com/

http://www.manyheartsasone.blogspot.com/

http://www.aslovegrows.blogspot.com/

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Tracy said...

I hope your bro and his family starts a blog-I can't think of a name suggestion right now but I will give it some thought.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments-going back and reading our story means a lot to me. I am nothing special-just an army wife trying to do my job for my soldier.What any of us would do to take care of those we love. The army just makes it difficult so much of the time.
It is actually pretty emotional to go back and read over those older posts-especially now when the soldier and I are dealing with such an estranged relationship.
It is all related to the stress of the last 2 years. Where is the army now??
Thanks for caring.
Tracy

Tonya Staab said...

Geesh, you're asking quite a bit here woman.

The best my stuffy cold ridden head can come up with right now is

drum roll please

CUT AND TELL

afterall she doesn't want to mention having one child seeing as there is another on the way, they are ex army so that doesn't need to be mentioned now and they don't want any names in the title, but salons are known as places to divulge secrets, but her salon is at home so she can divulge her homelife to everyone else.

Okay I've rambled long enough. I suck at this :), hence the name for our family blog, which isn't even updated daily anymore ha ha.

So that leaves your other 2 readers to come up with something better :)

MaBunny said...

Well, as you notice, I wasn't very creative in naming my own blog, lol. However, I will don my thinking cap and try to help out!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

Carson's world? he is adorable I love his singing!
Or crazy for carson... or look who's here... or anything that is of interest to them... or something special between them... just a few ideas.

Snyder Stories said...

Ok I did it. we named www.snyderstories.blogspot.com
I have not posted anything but I am sure by the end of the day I will have something to say!

Damama T said...

I really liked Tonya's Cut and Tell, but Snyder Stories works well, also. Especially since that's what it is! LOL! I'll head over there and check it out. TTFN