Today is payday in the military world. We all rush around paying bills and of course going to the dreaded commissary. It really sucks that everyone gets paid on the same day on post. It's probably a little extra crazy with the holidays so near.
I went out to go grocery shopping and then I had to stop and try to make contact with the school liaison for the millionth time....again with no luck! When I parked my car I remembered I had no fuel. My low fuel light was on. It had been on for two days. Oops. I had 6 miles to empty according to the fuel gadget in the car.
I pulled into the gas station and had to wait in line. Lucky me I pulled in behind a real moron. He had a new Ford Fusion. It had the temp tags still on. This much have been the moron's first time filling up too. I sat in the car praying that my van wouldn't run out of gas while he finished filling up.
He must have traded in a car with a much bigger fuel tank because when the pump clicked off he decided to just "top it off" a little more. He must have been trying to squeeze in that extra 99 cents to make it an even dollar amount. MORON! The fuel starter pouring out of the car! And he kept the handle down! He didn't even look at the car he was so focused on rounding out his purchase.
Being the person I am I wanted to make him feel stupid I shouted out the window "hey its overflowing"! But he was too busy still trying to get that even amount of fuel into his tiny gas tank. Then he pulled the nozzle out and placed it in it's holder and turned around to put on the gas cap.
This is when he got really stupid! Instead of realizing he overflowed the tank, because the gas running down the side of the car wasn't enough of an indicator, he stooped down to look under the car as if he expected a leak on the underside of the fuel tank to cause the massive puddle of fuel under his car.
So again, being kind, I yelled "you over flowed the tank when you were filling it up!" He responded "I did?" In my very best you're not completely stupid voice I said "yeah it was pouring all over while you finished filling up!" Moron then said "oh okay thanks" and got in the car and drove away.
Luckily I had just enough fuel to roll forward into his spot so I could begin fueling my own vehicle. I had an urge to syphon up the fuel off the ground because I hated to see it go to waste but then I remembered it was only $1.50/gallon today not $4/gallon so it wasn't worth it for me to find a straw just to save a buck fifty!
Seriously how do you have that much fuel pouring on the ground at your feet and not notice?
My Real Life Army Brats
15 December 2008
Fuel Spill
Posted by My Two Army Brats at 7:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
OBLIVIOUS !
(he needs a sign)
I gave up on trying to always make it an even amount long ago. I am simply not coordinated enough for that. Glad you got your fuel before you ran out!
Good gravy! Talk about being totally clueless. Aren't you glad he was driving a car...on the road...and everything....sheesh!
Ok first if he is really that stupid he should not be driving and then I hope it got all over him and then is his new car. Because then you had to deal with the mess he made!
There is nothing better for a budget than pouring money all over the ground. Awesome.
Oh, and 6 miles left? Well done! I'm all about playing chicken with my gas gauge.
Post a Comment