Have you ever had to do something that you usually rely on someone else to do and wonder why they complain? Only to actually attempt the task yourself and realize why the they hate doing it?
Me either. But thanks for reading!
No really though, every single year I make Kirke do these things like hang Christmas lights in the dead of winter in Alaska. Now of course it's not twenty below but in my defense Kirke never had to actually get on the roof either. Here in Missouri I decorated last year on my own because Kirke kept procrastinating, but again I didn't get on the roof.
Amber just had knee surgery a couple weeks ago and has been threatening to get on her own roof to hang the lights if I wouldn't do it for her. She would have too but I didn't want to take responsibility for her falling unless I was actually the one pushing her.
She twittered about how dry and sunny it was so I knew she was itching to get her lights up. Don't mind that I just had survived my worst case of food poisoning ever. Oh right my only case of food poisoning that I can think of. I'm only assuming it was food poisoning because I'm the only one of our close group of friends/kids that got sick and I ate different food than everyone. The point is that I was very sick and weak and light headed but I didn't want her to injure her knee by climbing up there so I did it. I ran to her and climbed my ass up onto a plastic picnic table and began my climb up the very steady step stool being held in place so it didn't slide of course, by Amber.
I was so scared to climb up there trying to balance on that stupid little plastic table and then step on the top bar of the damn step stool and may I remind you please that there are no handles to grab a hold of on the roof to help steady yourself.
Here I am triumphant (and glad to be off that stupid little table)!
This is how enthused I was to be up there! I took a lot of pleasure in tossing things off the roof. The kids loved collecting the random plastic clips, twisty ties and pieces of cardboard, really they did!
This was just the carport, which by the way was very very very wobbly! Amber was tossing me up the next set of lights. She did not buy enough lights so I finished the carport with the three sets she bought and then had to get down from the beautiful sunny rooftop and then go back up when the sun was setting and it got cold!
This picture may look as though it was retouched and edited to be g-rated but that's not true! Nope it's not!
This one I just liked cause the sky is very blue and MISLEADING! But it looks pretty!
I want to let you all know that she made me go up in the freezing rain today to change fuses and take out the blinkers she insisted we put them in yesterday! I was so cold and I got soaked so I went home and then cooked dinner for her too. Gosh I'm the good friend.

10 comments:
Can you hear me??? I am shouting one big ARMY hooooooah!
Go girl go!
I am so PROUD....!!!!!!
(and thankful you did not fall and kiss dirt!) LOL
Good friend? Nope! A great friend.Hey one of us has to have our house decorated for Christmas. You did a fantastic job and they look beautiful. I still have lots to do but I hope you know how much I appreciate you for putting my lights up. Dinner was great. Thanks!
what a good friend you are to protect her knee. I am terrified of heights so I would have held the table for her LOL...
Ha you rock! You are a true friend. I make my husband do things and nag him when he complains and when he's gone and I have to do the same task I think to myself, darn it..this sucks. I won't ever make him do that again.
And then he returns and I go back to my old ways. Gotta change that really.
It is so sweet that you would risk breaking a limb to put up someone else's lights! You are the awesomest friend ever! All I did was text threats, ya know.
You know everyone says what a great friend you are and its true you are BUT she didnt leave you much of a choice. I got the same twitter and knew exactly what it ment ... one of you were getting on the roof. I cant wait to see your handy work.
You are a super awesome friend!!!
You go girl!!
I cold never do that, as even getting half way up would make me dizzy as all get out!
UGH! I get dizzy standing on a 2' stepstool to get something out of the top of the closet! I am so totally impressed! Both with your bravery and your devotion to your friends. Like I said earlier, no wonder they love ya!
Ummm, Why didn't you use a ladder? I know someone has a ladder and if not can't you get one from self-help? Oh wait sorry I was using my air force common sense. I forgot you army folks are crazy.
Post a Comment