Today I was going out of my mind trying to keep myself from letting the boys open a present. The problem is that we got one off of eBay and then we won another one. The first one came a couple days ago and I've been fiddling with it but you really have to have two to get the full effect of this little machine. Let me just show you what I'm talking about. But you must not tell the children! Got it? Ok I trust you.
The screen can turn and fold flat and it has buttons so it can be used for games and stuff just like a hand held video game system. 





As the second one arrived today I was bursting at the seams to let them have their XO's to start learning to use them and access the gazillion trillion oodles of information available to their little minds through using this little tiny laptop. It's totally kid safe and runs off the Linux operating system. I've successfully checked my email and signed onto two of the educational websites we use.
I knew I had no self control. I decided to reach out to my support group so I tweeted my little heart out. Many of my twitter friends tried to help keep me from giving them the best gifts this year early. But one friend, DamamaT went above and beyond and sent me this:
Here is my response:
I was good, I didn't let them have them....yet. And in my defense this isn't my fault. My parents were horrible about waiting until Christmas morning. They would let us open one here and there before Christmas and then on Christmas morning they'd wake us up at ungodly hours of the night (sometimes with cups of cold water tossed on our heads) such as 2am just to open gifts. Therefore, its their fault not mine so blame them....he he! Love ya mom and dad!
I knew I had no self control. I decided to reach out to my support group so I tweeted my little heart out. Many of my twitter friends tried to help keep me from giving them the best gifts this year early. But one friend, DamamaT went above and beyond and sent me this:
Here is my response:
I was good, I didn't let them have them....yet. And in my defense this isn't my fault. My parents were horrible about waiting until Christmas morning. They would let us open one here and there before Christmas and then on Christmas morning they'd wake us up at ungodly hours of the night (sometimes with cups of cold water tossed on our heads) such as 2am just to open gifts. Therefore, its their fault not mine so blame them....he he! Love ya mom and dad!

6 comments:
DAMAMA YOU ROCK! Stay strong Christmas is only 2 days away! This is great soooo gonna make one of my own!
OMG, that is hysterical! I have to say I'm dying to let Hope open her gifts. In fact, I gave one to Joe today.
I'm ready for presents already!!
I LOVE IT! OMG! I have tears in my eyes from laughing! If you give those boys the big present before Christmas morning I swear I'm gonna... I'm gonna... Laugh some more!?!? LOLOLOL!!
Thank you so much Damama. I have been telling her to wait just a few maor days! Michelle I know that this year is going to be hard, so this is why I think you should what just a few more days to let the boys have them is because the magic of Christmas morning will just make it oh so much more special. Besides Kirke would let you "NO" that they had to wait. ANd it will make foe much better pictures for Kirke, and a better storie to blog about! Ok If you can't wait and need to open something you can open the small gifts we sent you! BUT Nothing else!!! That is it!!!!Love ya sis!
HAHA, you can do it!! let them open the gifts tomorrow, after dinner. We used to do that in my family. Then Santa gifts the morning of Christmas.
I've been good for three weeks now...but its almost present time and I'm antsy now, but am trying to stay busy so I don't go a -snooping..
LOL I love it! Those will come in very handy that is for sure!!! Your boys are definitely scoring better than my kiddos this year hahahahahaha. Duvets don't really compare to them do they??? hahahahaha
Post a Comment