I put the boys to bed at 10 tonight. I know I know I'm a bad mom blah blah blah, whatever! Here's my disclaimer: they were driving me nuts todaythey had both been sneezy and tired and blah so I gave them Benadryl today and that amounted to a very late afternoon nap from 5-7ish. Therefore an 8o'clock bedtime is out of the question.
Since Kirke left last week the boys have been sleeping in my room on the floor. The first couple nights because they were sad so I let them sleep in my room and then because I was sad and then because I was sick and feared they would wake up puking from the loft beds and I just didn't want to deal with that mess. So back to the point of the story. Tonight I put them each in their own beds in their separate rooms.
Korbin made it very clear to me that he did not want to sleep by himself in his own bed and wanted to sleep with Tayton. Being the loving compassionate mom that I am, I told him to suck it up and go to sleep. I covered him up, which in a loft bed means I tossed a blanket in the air with hopes of it landing on him and offered hugs and kisses which he refused. I told him I loved him, turned on his blue lights and left.
I then went to Taytons room to again throw blankets in the air and I actually got hugs and kisses from him all the while listening to Korbin cry that he wanted his brother. Tayton didn't seem to share that desire to have a roommate tonight.
Now here I am sitting in my chair that backs against the stairway wall and I heard a little blond boy come down the stairs but then it stopped. Well I should say HE stopped. The little white dog came around the corner past me and along comes a piece of paper. HE TOSSED OUT A PIECE OF PAPER! Am I supposed to believe Allie the dog did it? So I ignored him and let him sit there waiting to see what his next move would be. The occasional arm waving around the corner was all that followed.
I heard him go back upstairs then I heard footsteps again. He came down the stairs but didn't stop at the bottom, he scrunched down and ran past me in a ball cap as fast as he could as if I wouldn't see him! I said nothing. I waited. I hear him playing the bathroom, singing washing his hands, or flooding the place as usual.
I sent him back to bed and now he's back down here trying to strike up a deal with me.
Lucky me.
My Real Life Army Brats
01 December 2008
He Thinks I'm Dumb
Posted by My Two Army Brats at 10:23 PM
Labels: Funny Stuff, naughty little blonde boys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
we did not brave black friday morong we went out at 1145 at NIGHT... it was still a zoo a dirty filty mess in walmart and the folks with little kids up and out that late...the ones I saw were not single (military )wives but grandma, mama, daddy , auntie and a bunch of babies... that is NUTS to me. I digress... cause I blogged abotu it too LOL
we went in walked about and between the three of us spent maybe 75 dollars because the girls needed pants and we picked up some food stuff.
Hope the guys feel better and rest so you can get some rest too!
Hope you feel better too!
hugs Laura
LOL Oh goodness...!
How "inventive" ... LOL
You realize of course that you are an absolutely, positively ...wonderful MOM, (right?) :)
Cute that he thought you wouldn't see him, lol. Sorry you were tossing your cookies, thank goodness the naughty little blond boys didn't catch it. Hope you are feeling better:) have a good day:)
OH goodness! BOYS! What do you do with 'em?? Are you sure that piece of paper didn't have a note on it? Twig use to do that when he was mad at me. He'd write a note and then throw it in my general direction. Sometimes it was an apology, sometimes an explanation, sometimes just a YOU'RE A MEAN MOMMY! Like I said: BOYS!?!? LOL!
Post a Comment