My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

12 September 2009

Surprise! We're expecting!!

Wait a minute...... I had a hysterectomy nearly 5 years ago. Oh yeah and Kirke had a vasectomy two years before that because me+pregnancy=horrible! I didn't handle being pregnant so well. so while we always wanted more than two kids we knew that I would not handle another pregnancy especially with two naughty little blond boys running around.

So you are probably wondering what on Earth I'm talking about then right?

Well we have a family member who has found herself in a situation with an unexpected pregnancy. There is no way she can keep this baby as she struggles to make it work with the two small children she already has.

My mom has been the communication link between me and this family member, we'll call her Jane just to keep things straight. Mom told Jane that we would like to adopt the baby. Jane was very happy about this and has already told her doctor that she is giving this wonderful gift of being able to add to our family!

Our baby is due in March. Jane and Kirke and I will be communicating and working together to find an adoption facilitator in their area that will help us with the process. Due to this being a direct placement adoption between relatives things will be handled a little differently than a regular adoption.

I'm excited, and scared and most of all grateful that Kirke and I will be adding to our family and the boys are very excited about having a baby brother or sister! I'm scared that Jane might change her mind. That's really the only thing I'm afraid of at this point. I'm praying Jane is taking care of herself. She is giving us a wonderful gift and I'm certain that she will do her best to make sure this child healthy.

We weren't expecting this opportunity to come up and many of you are probably shocked by this news but we're excited and happy and we know in our hearts that this is right for us!!

**Please reserve any negative feelings/thought/opinions for somewhere else. We have been talking this out for a few weeks now and come to a decision that we believe is right for our family. Thoughts, prayers, well wishes and other positive comments are always welcome and much appreciated!



~Till They All Come Home~

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys!!!! I hope its a healthy baby but I really think a girl would be perfect for you family.
Woohoo now I have a reason to make baby blankets again!! CONGRATS!!!

Mariah said...

Wow! That's exciting! What a gift you and Jane are both doing. So much better than abortion, in my opinion

Brandi said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful!

Dana said...

Michelle,
I am so happy for you, Kirke and the boys! I needed some good news today and that was perfect! Congratulations on such a great surprise! Keep us posted and as soon as you know boy/girl be sure to let us know!!! You know we are cheering for a girl for ya!

Angela said...

Congrats!!! Life surprises us sometimes and you are obviously blessed :o)

Aunt Brina said...

I get to be a aunt agian WOOHOO. PS I hope for a girl as well but at this piont i am happy to have a new nehew or niece to call me aunt brina and when my hope was lost about more kid in are family. lov you all

Laura ~Peach~ said...

congratulations! i am so happy for you ... and i so understand we had the vasectomy and hysterectomy for the same reasons... only one was a blond girl... i cant wait to hear more and i hope the baby comes on march 15th :) mikes birthday :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Em Gee! (I knew you'd appreciate that) This is a prank isn't it? Just in case it's not...

Congrats that is awesome, awesome, awesome!!!! I know that isn't nearly enough, but I don't know what else to say...you have kids so trying to scare you into thinking that your life will end won't work. Not that I normally do that to expectant parents. How wonderful for both your family and the family member.

P.S. I think you would do wonderful with a little girl. I have one here that I can send to be her friend...

MaBunny said...

Oh I woulnd't be leaving any ugly comments! That is soo cool!
I'm so happy for all of you!

Stephanie said...

Wow! I am so excited for you guys. So, are you hoping for a boy or girl? Love you guys and hope everything works out for the best.

kat said...

Congratulations, that is awesome. I am really excited for you guys. I hope it all works out.

Roger Miller said...

That's so awesome!! Congratulations to all of you and we will be thinking of you and Jane as she progresses through her pregnancy.
All the best!!

Laura Paxton said...

That is SO exciting! Can't wait to hear more when the newest little one arrives!!

kalibug said...

Wow!! Congrats!! We are adopting a baby in November.

Kat Thrailkill said...

First, I hope you know more than one Kat, cuz either my memory is REALLY bad or I didnt comment on this already, sufficed to say this is a bit of happy shocking news! Paul says congratz... and I hope for both of you, well, mostly you, to have a girl, every mommy needs a girl. Paul says he 2nd's that for Kirke... altho, with my now 2 year old brat (lol), I would offer you mine =)... but I am thinking you already have too much to deal with now.

I only wish I was still next door to help out!

Proud Army Wife said...

Congrats lady! I do find it BS that I have to go threw the whole 9 months of misery and pain and you dont! I am also thinking its unfair that you will have your baby here before me! My bundle of joy wont be here till April!

nicci_032277@hotmail.com said...

congratulations, everyone we are all happy and excited for your family we know that you are all so glad to have a baby regardless of what it is!!! keep us posted and no matter what girl or boy i know you will be a great mom and kirke dad and both of your boys will be good big brothers!!!