My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

08 October 2008

Tayton's a Star and Korbin's on Red

How can I possibly have two kids who are so completely different??

They have similarities.

They are sweet little boys.....when they're sleeping.

They always think of others first......... in case they might toucing their toys or standing too close!

They are known for their humor........no matter how far fetched it might be.

They are both smart........even if it's only used to plot against me!

They love me very much......or so they say!

They want to be good boys.......when they are writing sentences for being naughty.

They are cute as can be.......too bad they know that and use it against me!

So here's the situation.

Today at school Tayton was awarded the Star Award. This is an award that one student from each class is chosen for each week. They have differnet colored stars for each month that will represent a character trait that the Star Students have displayed and they hang from the ceiling in the main hallway at school all year long.


Tayton was presented the Responsibility Star. He said to me "I know it's for being responsible but I don't know what I did to be responsible." I told him it's probably because he does his work and makes good choices and does what he's asked to do. He told me "yeah at school I do those things!" As if to remind me that it ends when the end of the school day arrives! Little Snot!!


So while I'm so happy that my little Tayton had no idea his name was going to be called because I wondered what he would do and thought it was best to find out through experience rather than protecting him like I tend to do. Anyhow he heard his name, stood up, hesitated a moment next to his teacher and with a word of encouragement marched right up in front of over 300 students and 20 something teachers and parents and stood proud with his little award! I was so happy I could have cried! That's a big step for him!

Then I walked to Korbins class with him and heard from about half the class "Korbins on red, Korbins on red!" And I wanted to scream! First off Korbin's teacher and Korbin's mom can handle it without every kid worrying about his business. And second that totally ruined my mood. Red means that he made very bad choices in school for the day.

How can I have two kids who are so incredibly different? They came from the same gene pool. They are raised in the same house with the same rules and discipline. However, they could not be more different. Tayton is quiet and reserved and cautious. Korbin would dance on the tables for a crowd of 50 for the right price. Tayton withdraws and cries quietly to himself. Korbin can kick and scream with the best of two year olds! Tayton is naughty at home and not at school. Korbin is naughty pretty much most of the time.

The dad can come home anytime now before I lose my mind please!!

3 comments:

MommaSuds said...

He was so cute when they called his name and he just went on up there without to much hesitation.Wooohoooo Tayton.Good Job!!

As far as the naughtiest little blonde boy I hope he gives you a break soon before you drive off a bridge LMAO.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

but momma they are so adorable at what they do! Congratulations Mr. Tayton!!!! just keep in mind thye grow up into naughty little blond men! And once you live through the teen years you will have so many black mail stories on these cuties! My 20 yr old still can be gotten on a regular basis! :D

Lilac_moon17 said...

Wow he is getting tall!

I have to threaten my kids. Course Mac is not bad in school he is too quite. If He goes to red he looses his PS2 for a week. This is so important to him that he is always on best behavior.