My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

15 October 2008

Korbin and Those Damn Legs

Korbin came home "on red" again today. I spoke with his teacher after a classmate piped up "Korbin's on red today" when I was picking him up from school. I've mentioned before how much I love his teacher and this is still true. Thank God she has a good sense of humor!

Me: I hear Korbin is on red again?

Her: He is so far beyond red!

Me: Oh dear what happened now?

Her: He wasn't doing his work. I went over to remind him to get on task and he told me that the battery right here (pointed to her upper leg) was dead and it's invisible and no one can see it but it's dead and we can't fix it cause there's not another one. And he said "I do not eat salad!"

Me: What the heck does salad have to do with it?

Her: I have no idea! It was just out of the blue.

Me: I'm sorry, tomorrow I will send him in with duct tape.

She laughed and he gave her one of her big strong hugs! Thank god she loves him!

He's so naughty!!!! And creative and ............. well just like me. I will admit that he gets the whole making up stories out of the blue with no motive other than to see if anyone will laugh is all my fault.

Yesterday a friend of ours who I'm just getting to know said to another friend after I made a smart remark about something "only believe every third thing that Michelle says"!

That sounds about right!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Lol. At least if he is going to get in trouble, he goes all the way!

Thank God for good teachers and the color coded behavior system. My Kindy thought he was supposed to be given special treatment for being on Brilliant Blue today.

Gotta Love 'em.

Anonymous said...

So, just so I know I am following along and all...he was on red just because he wasn't doing his homework? Is red the worst he can get?

MommaSuds said...

Ok so let me get this straight.You ADMIT you intentionally make up stories and don't tell the truth and then you want people to believe you when you say I tried to kill you in front of the fire station LOL.

Only you would do that.

It was so funny today when that kid said "Korbin is on red" and without missin a beat Korbin turned to you and said I am so sorry.Hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Thats Korbin! Theres nothing else to say.

MaBunny said...

LOL, at Nicoles school they have a warning system too, after repeated wrnings they get a talley that has to go home for parents to sign. I like the idea of color coded though, that sounds effective too:)
Maybe you should write fictional books if you can make up good stories;)