My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

09 April 2008

Why won't they just go to sleep?

Tonight has been rough with the boys again. I don't understand it at all. We have a good bedtime routine. Tate did his homework, they had a snack then we read The Cabin That Moose Built (one of my favorites by one of my friends and favorite Alaska authors!)

Then I sent them to bed tucked them and kissed them goodnight, told them I didn't want to hear them out of bed tonight.

Not five minutes later I hear this:

Korbin: "mom what's taking so long?"
Me: "for what"
Korbin: "my stuffed aminal" (not a typo, that's what he said, aminal)
Me: "i looked, I can't find it, too bad go to bed"



Next thing I know they are out of bed again, I can hear them talking to each other whispering loudly on the stairs. I sneak over to catch them only to find out that my little OCD boy is picking up teeny tiny beads in the dark that came out of a stuffed animal so that I will put them back in and sew it up! (That is soooo not happening by the way.)

The next conversation goes like this:

Me: "I will vaccum up the beads and will not be restuffing froggy"
Tate: "but mom then he'll be flat"
Me: "oh well too bad go back to bed and do not let me find you out of bed again, good night I love you"


I go happily back to my Tupperware order I was putting and I hear them, both of them, laughing up a storm! Who does that? At least try to be sneaky!

I sneak up the stairs turn on the light and they look like little deer caught in the headlights!

Me: (smoke coming out of my ears) "what in the heck do you think you're doing?"
The little one tries to dart past me on the left but I grabbed him up like a goalie in a soccer game! With defeat in his eyes he looks up at me.

Me: "Get into your bed right now!"

I chased his little tail right back to his bed and I looked into his beady little eyes again and said to him:

Me: What makes you think you can be out of this bed and that you don't have to listen to me?"

Korbin stares up at me silently.

Me: "you had better answer me right now! What makes you think you can get out of bed and that you don't have to listen to me?"

Korbin: points to his temple and says "my brain"

I'm trying not to laugh and I tell him goodnight and I love him but not to get up again.

Seriously! His brain? Of course his brain makes him think but come on!! He's just turned 5 and had no idea that was such a smarty pants thing to say! I got out into the hall and about died trying to laugh to myself! By the time I composed myself and went into Taytons room to threaten his life if he got out of bed again tell him I loved him and kiss him goodnight one more time I was too amused by Korbins remark to ask a question like that to Tayton!

They are great, they really are, but come on guys just go to bed for a change!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HMM I wonder where Korbin gets his smarty pants answers from? Life as a married but single mother is just beginning. Lets hope this is the worst of our problems!

Jules said...

OMG I am in love with you boys. They are so funny. I bet you can hardly wait until they are older and KNOW that they are smarty pants. :)

Rhea said...

He really had a good comeback! lol Kids, you gotta love em. I don't know how you handle the constant single parenting. I would be a mess within a week. :o)

Jules said...

HI Michelle!
You know that assignment you gave me? Well it's FINALLY up. Took a while, I know. The ol' thinking cells tend to go on vacation a lot. Right now they're partying. *sigh*
Thanks for thinking of me. *blows butterfly kisses*