Today the funniest thing happened!
A little background first:
My little Tayton has Sensory Integration Disorder. This disorder appears in him in many ways. One of the ways it shows it's little head is that when he believes something he belives it heart and soul. There is no middle ground for him. If green is ugly then green is always ugly no matter what it's on or any other variation. It's kinda funny.
So anyhow he is a germ-a-phobe. he hates to drink after anyone, eat after anyone or even touch someone elses straw or plate or anything else that they touched or ate off of before him.
Seriously, at Christmas we had a conversation that went like this:
T : "mom is grandma your mom"?
Me: yes
T : "okay well do you kiss her?"
Me: "not anymore"
T : "but you used to?"
Me: "Yes I guess so"
T : "ok then you can blow up this balloon because I think she tried to first"
I am not a big fan of that either so I got a new balloon and blew that one up!
Anyhow so today here's what happened. I was watching some friends kids cause the boys wanted them to stay and play. I had my 5 and 6 year old boys and then I added two 6 year old girls and a 2 year old girl. The six year old girls brougth home some cookies from school. Somehow Tayton got a cookie and took a bite. Then the girls busted up laughing and I heard Tate in the bathroom coughing and gagging and spitting, nearly throwing up!
I asked the girls what happened they said "he took a bite of Squeezes cookie on accident, it was so funny". Of course I said to them "it's not funny, he's very upset so stop laughing." (while I was laughing to myself of course)
Then I go to Tayton and ask him if he's okay and he's got his face under the sink with the water running in his mouth. A minute later he came out smiling and said to me, "well it's a good thing I used soap to wash off all the germs!"
He was very proud of the fact that he used antibacterial soap to wash the germs from Squeeze out of his mouth because he ate after her!
My Real Life Army Brats
07 April 2008
Tayton and Germs Don't Mix
Posted by My Two Army Brats at 9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You know I totally agree with Tayton I hate eating and drinking after people too so I can relate to the whole gagging thing, but I dont think Id go as far as using soap on my tounge. Too cute!
I'm also in Tayton's camp. Germs are yucky!
Tayton sounds like a challenge at times with his disorder, but also quite a little character. :o)
Will he drink after you or his little brother? Just curious.
It's nice to meet you! I'm enjoying browsing your blog.
Post a Comment