April 20, 2008
Well I'm thrilled to say that I'm feeling better. Not yet great, but I'll take this for now. We left the house for the first time since picking up Tayton from school on Friday. We went and helped some friends take family pictures. We have to take these pictures before our guys head off to the sandbox for obvious reasons. They turned out good, considering that a two year old was part of the pictures!
The funniest thing happened but I can't blog about it because it's not my place but it involved a very tall man, a very small opening at the top of a slide and probably a mild concussion and sore neck! It was so funny but once we realized he was hurt the humor wore off for everyone except for me!
April 22, 2008
I bravely took a road trip tonight with "the girls" tonight. It was an hour away to a Tupperware training thingy. On the way there we saw the craziest thing! Maybe because I'm from southern Michigan but I have NEVER in my life seen this:
Please tell me why it's okay to throw hundreds of chickens into an open air trailer and then go cruising 70mph down I44! It was the feathers flying out at us as we came up behind this truck that got my attention! MMMM makes me want some chicken nuggets! Woo I wonder how they liked our hail storm today!
On the drive tonight I was able to separate my two "problem children". Roxy lost by having the smallest tail so she had to ride in back. Not to say that Amber has a gi-nomorous hind end or anything but her bigger tail won her "shotgun"! The trip went so much nicer without those two in the back teaming up to stress me out! Although I was driving like a maniac slightly crazy on the way home.
I put my boys out of the van on the curb tonight! Yep I sure did! I'm an Army Wife gone mad! They were fighting and not listening and being down right rotten to me and Roxy. I was on the phone with their aunt and they were being so defiant. I pulled into a parking lot and said "you and you, unbuckle and get out of my van right now". I took them to the curb told them to sit down and I walked away. Then Tate cried and said "mommy don't leave me" and I realized how horrible I was and how scared he must have been so I let them back in......no no no tell the truth Michelle told him I wasn't going anywhere and they could get back in when they can be respectful and make good choices (I really talk like that....I'm so lame)!
I got in the van and closed the door. Those rotten little snots wild little angels started playing and throwing grass! GRRRRR WHO DOES THAT??? I jumped out went over gave them a little talkin' to and got back in the van again. This time they cried for a minute then I rolled down my window and yelled "are you ready to make good choices?" Hmmm suddenly they are angels who chime "yes ma'am"! I told them They were not going to treat me like this for the next 15 months while Daddy is gone so they better shake it off and start doing the right thing because I was finished!!!
Then like any good mother would do, I took them to Amber's, left them with her husband aka lump head who tried to run up a tiny slide so we could drive that wonderful hour to our meeting!
What a day!
My Real Life Army Brats
20 April 2008
Grown man vs. playground OR Chicken Truck OR Bad Mom of the Year
Posted by My Two Army Brats at 8:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
OMG you are lucky Christian doesn't read this.LMAO.You are goin you know where.HaHaHa
Ok I might be joining you since I think it is hilarious.I know you didn't say you were "slightly" driving like a maniac on the way home.Cuz I know the truth remember.Crazy woman!I am drivin next time.Either that or taking more medicine.
OK, were those chickens dead or alive?
And, your story reminded me of the time we stopped the car and I told Ajers we were leaving him in the jungle and I got him out of the car (he wasn't even two probably!) and he was throwing a fit in the car, and I kept saying, "stop it or we're leaving you in this jungle!" (It was like the side of the road and not anything like a jungle at all!)...
Later, we just realized he was exhausted and thirsty for milk. We were just young, dumb parents who had no clue. Oh, the good old days!
I laughed when your boys were just playing with the grass not even caring that you were gonna leave them!
And cool title of your post!
Hey Manic! Thanks for stopping by!
Yeah those were real, live (most of them, the ones that didn't haver a heart attack anyway) chickens! I had never heard of that before. And when I tried to google it to find a picture it took forever because it was all PETA stuff about the horror of chicken processing plants including the ride to the plant! YUCK!
My boys are 5 and 6 so them being rude and disrespectful was just that nothinng more nothing less. I know they miss their daddy and I know life is confusing for them right now but I cannot let them get the best of me! LOL! Or at least I can't let them know they did! The last deployment when they were 2 and 3 was easier. They didn't have little mimi attitudes! Little snots.....Thank God I have them though!
Yes, the chicken thing is something I've never seen before. Where abouts in MI are you from? I used to live in the Grand Rapids area.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, OOOOOOOOOO, HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE, OHOHOHOHOHOH, *SNORT*
So how come you left out the part where you tried to kill me???Oh wait I can totally blog about that...I am soooooo telling on you!
PS- for some one who complains about that capatcha crap you sure do have everything set on that...Sheeesh!
*GIGGLE*
Roxy I soooo do not know what you're talking about! I drove calmly and safely the entire way. I am not to blame if say unknown driver suggests unknown rider open the door and take a picture of chicken truck when they are stopped on the exit ramp. Nor am I responsible for the door being stuck then flying open as the light turned green and passenger possibly nearly flying out of the van.......oopsie!
Jess~~ I lived in Grand Rapids when I was little. Then I lived mostly in Branch County in Coldwater MI or that area.
Oooo.... I like your story. Fiction, right? All fiction. And that wasn't you leaning out the window with the camera in hand, holding up traffic while following a chicken truck. Right?
Ahem.... I've acturally threatened, while driving home, to drop one of my kids off at the police station and let the police psychologist deal with him. On several occations. No wait. That was some OTHER mom. No me. Heh, heh.
Hello,
I saw your comment on Mimi's blog and thought I'd stop by for a visit. I, too, am a fellow
Relay-er...(obsessed is more like it.)
Tell me more about your little one's sensory issues. What does that mean? I am very interested in knowing about that topic. I will search your blog to see if you have any posts. But I thought I'd ask first.
Our relay is on my daughter's birthday and yours is on my son's birthday...kind-of weird (and neat).
Anyway...nice to meet you!
Theresa
We live in Jenny-O turkey land, and seeing a truck full of live turkeys is a daily occurence here.
Are we horrible parents if we have let our fighting kids out along the road to walk a while along side the truck?? If that's a yes... then we have never done that. LOL
My oldest son was diagnosed with sensory intergration issuses also. He's 13 now and still freaks out about a lot of things.
First - OH MY STARS! Chickens in an open truck. That's cruel. And probably does something that makes their meat tough! LOL!
Second - Good for you for getting your bluff in on them. That's really all it is with boys, bluffing them into minding. LOL!
And last - the driving thing - My daughter always says to Hubby, "If Mom was driving we'd be there already!" Who? Me, speed?? LOL!
Post a Comment