My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

10 April 2008

Try to avoid that okay?

So it's now 10:30 on a school night. Tayton and Korbin were put to bed at 8 o'clock. Korbin got out of bed once but I warned Tayton that if his brother came in his room again to scream like a maniac and I'd handle it and Tate would not be in trouble. However, if he didn't scream and let his brother in his room he would also be in trouble like last night. So when Korbin popped into Tayton's room he screamed, Korbin ran to bed and that was the last we heard of him tonight!

Photobucket You see here, even with the light on he's in his bed asleep! Good little Korbin!

I was on MSN chatting with Kirke and Tayton came downstairs. He played the "I really want to talk to Daddy" card. We were webcamming so he got to see Kirke and they could talk and hear each other. Kirke talked to him for a minute then told him to get to bed. I told Tate I didn't expect to see him again tonight.

Well it's 10:30 and Tayton just came down to tell me that he has made a bed for his Puppy and it goes this way and that and over and under and a box with the puppy in it or something like that.

Then this little boy with his handsome blue eyes looks at me and says:

"Mom when you come up to tuck me in and check on me make sure you avoid the bed for my Puppy because I worked really hard on it (in the dark because he's supposed to be asleep!!) and I don't want it to get wrecked!"

Photobucket

But that wasn't all, he went on:

"And if you did accidentally break it just wake me up and tell me so that I can fix it so that Puppy has somewhere to sleep. And in the morning when you wake me up make sure you avoid it too cause I might not have time to fix it before I go to school and I worked really hard on it (again with admitting he wasn't in his bed!!)"

Photobucket

I looked up at him and said nothing. Tayton requires answers or he thinks maybe you didn't hear him. Or maybe after three years of speech therapy he thinks you didn't understand him. Either way I finally managed to say something that resembled "get your skinny little butt in bed and do not come down here again!!!"

Here's what I found at 11:30 when I went to bed:

Photobucket

The dad needs to come home now! It's only been 2 1/2 weeks and I'm ready to throw in the towel. This is not good!

I have a Tupperware party in the morning it had better go well and I hope a few people will date their own party so that I have some lined up for May. But wait!!!! I don't know when Kirke will be home and I have no idea if it will be two weeks or two months! Grrrr! How am I supposed to plan with this kind of madness! I quit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You want me to stuff them in a closet somewhere? Oh wait we can get some bungee cords and tie them down to the bed .... just kidding...either way they wont be coming down stairs. Dont give up just yet!

Tonya Staab said...

What a sweet boy. I'm so glad he got to talk to daddy on the webcam and that he loves his puppy so much that he can't possibly go to bed on time :)