My friend is moving and I'm afraid it's too far away from my house. So at 8pm tonight we loaded up my van with my family and her and her three monsters kids to measure the distance and time of the trip.
Right off the bat her almost 5 year old started crying and whining that she was thirsty, then she was hungry and on and on. So we did what any good parents would do and turned up the radio. That's when it happened. The stupid song that I hate with a passion came on. The so-called friend that was riding with me just loves that song so she cracked up and turned the radio up and started singing along. So I did what any person who is driving HER OWN car and a song she hates comes on would do. I pulled over got out, stood behind the van with my hands over my ears.
Did I forget to mention our other two friends were in the van behind us? Right, so they were a tad confused. The jackass friend in the car was so sweet that she rolled down the windows and locked the doors and blasted the radio. The other van full behind us was not impressed. I went to get back in after this friend turned off the song but the door was locked. So I again did what a normal person would do and grabbed the roof rack and slid in through the window.
We continued on our adventure and passed the road we were looking for and took the next. We drove and drove and drove to see this house, in the dark, on a dark country road, that people still live in. Finally, 10.5 miles and 18 minutes into our trip (including my fit throwing time) and we found the house. Or wait, maybe it's that one? Or is it that one? What the heck they all look the same? Hmmm......
We drove down to the turn around thingy. I rolled down the window to tell the driver of the van behind us which house she thought it was. And then I smelled something. What the hell is that smell? It smelled like finger nail polish remover. OH well, we rolled up the window and drove on. That was when I got the text that the smell was a can of orange spray paint I had apparently run over! Super, just freakin super!
We found our way out of the little "neighborhood" back to the main road. I said to my navigator "which way do I turn?" She pointed left so I turned on my left turn signal indicator. Then the peanut gallery in the back seat pipes in "Michelle, the arrows tell you which way to go, why don't you just look at your little thing up there?"
I was confused. Maggie was turned off and there were no arrows on the road. Then she said "the little green blinking one". As if I'm completely stupid and had no idea the blinking arrow told ME which way to go instead of me flipping the switch in the direction I intend to go.
Thank God she won't be driving, or navigating anytime soon!
My Real Life Army Brats
20 April 2009
The Arrows Tell You Which Way!
Posted by My Two Army Brats at 9:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What a great trip that was!!
Oh and you know what .... Russian Roulette is not the same with out a gun and baby when its love if its not rough it isnt fun! LMAO!
LMAO the arrow tells you which way to go... priceless!!!!!!!
I love that you will just get out and cover the ears then climb back in through the window... yep we would have so much fun!!!!
I can just imagine what people were thinking if they drove past you climbing into your car through the window. Couldn't you have just reached in and flipped the lock open, or did you just want to show off your acrobatic skills. :)
You are such a trip I can't wait to see you again. We are going to have a blast. These little adventures always give me a laugh. The arrow thing is priceless. No offense, but what kind of friends do you surround yourself with these days. LMAO
Post a Comment