My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

22 June 2008

ZZ Topless

I was supposed to attend my college graduation on May 31st in Springfield even though I'm still finishing my last class. I'm a responsible college student and have worked very hard for the past two years doing online courses. The thing about online courses is that you're basically paying out a ton of money to a University for them to simply give you a book and a syllabus and say teach yourself.

Well as responsible and dedicated as I am to my education I decided my time would be best spent doing responsible grown up things. So we went to a ZZ Top Concert at Ft Knox. The previous "we" included me, one of my best friends ever, her 11 year old daughter and some of her other friends. Kirke was sweet enough to stay home and watch all three boys.

I expected that a concert on a military base would have mostly military and military families attending. I could not have been more wrong. The crowd looked as if every trailer park in Kentucky vomitted it's residents right in the middle of the Ft Knox airfield. And if that wasnt bad enough, appearantly many of these people didn't even have time to get dressed before being spewed all around us!

I decided that my time during the opening bands would be best spent taking pictures of people around me to share with all of you. I could not believe what I saw. It didn't take long before the well dressed normal people around me joined by pointing out people that I just had to get a picture of and even letting me use their camera phones when mine died long before ZZ Top even came out!

I saw more topless men that one day than I have in my entire life! Men who found it appropriate to take off their shirts just because they could. It wasn't the great looking guys or the young guys either. It was ugliest, creepiest, most tattooed, pierced nipple, beer belly having group of men I've ever seen!

Women who were probably 30 years old at the very first ZZ Top concert 30 years ago tried to wear the exact same outfit this time as they did 30 years ago. Old ladies with bra-tops on or their tank tops rolled up under thier bras, with their bellies hanging over way too tight jeans or shorts were freaking me the heck out!

And for your viewing pleasure here are the best pictures I could manage from my cell phone. I appologize for the picture quality, it was the best I could do since the tickets said "no cameras" and I was the only one in the audience who actually obeyed and left mine in the car, stupid me!!

First we have the Topless:










And now on to the original ZZ Top Groupies from first few years!






And here are some of my favorites:

This lady walked between our chairs and the row in front of us, very very close in front of us and then she stopped. With her tail right in Wendy's face. I did what any good friend would do and took pictures. I even pretended to "reach out and touch someone"!



Next we have some of my least favorite hairstyles if you can call it that, of all time:






This girl looked like she rubbed a dandilion on her head to get that shade of yellow blonde!



I didn't read the dress code before we left but I'm pretty sure it didn't include wearing pants that your butt will try to eat the whole night!


For a minute I thought that Britany and Avril were at the concert.



And these pictures, well take a look:




And now so that you can forget everything you just saw here's a picture of Cool Dude!

5 comments:

debi9kids said...

Very funny post!
:) Debi
ps I wanted to stop over and say "hi" after reading Tonya's post about Randy's deployment.
Please know there are lots of us out here who are very appreciative of the sacrifice that yor families are making and our military is
always in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

OMG thats it all I can say!

Snyder Stories said...

Yeah this was great after all the sadness in the posted blogs before this. How FUNNY!!!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

Too bad you can not hear the sound effects here... EWWWWW OHHH EWWWWWW hey thats something we would do!... ewwwww oh no !!! who ewwww LOL.
TOO FUNNY and that so totally happens here at fort gordon too we finally stopped going to the concerts.
HUGS Laura

AmersP said...

LOL I am SOOO Jealous of you two. I can just see the two of you and your faces hahahahaha. Tell her hey for me. Love ya chica!!!