My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

07 June 2008

Women are Never Happy

I am a woman so it's okay for me to say that...I think. Well maybe not because me admitting that women are never happy gives Kirke so much more power.

I whined and cried and kicked and screamed about this trip that we are on before it started. The funny thing is though, I'm having a great time. I've gotten to know Kirke's cousins a little better so that's been fun. I've always felt like I'm on the outside looking in, so getting to spend time with them for longer than an hour at a big family dinner helped.

So here I am getting ready to leave here tomorrow from the trip I didn't want to take and I'm sad. I'm not ready to leave yet. Even the forever annoying Father In Law isn't bugging me at all. Maybe my change in attitude has to do with the environment. We are staying in cabins. Each family (Kirke's Dad and Aunts) has their own cabin. So we were with Kirke's parents, one of his brothers and his family and then the four of us. It was really nice.

I think another reason I want to stay is because we got the news. Yep the horrid, feared, dreaded news: Kirke's deployment date. It's sooner after his leave ends then I had hoped because both boys have appointments in Columbia in the next ten days.

Which brings me to that news. I know I probably already blogged about it but who cares, it's my blog I can if I want, haha, now that's power! Like I was saying, Korbins kidney scan came back bad and we have to go back up to Columbia a million hours away from home (or two) to see his speccialist and see what's next in our medical adventures. I'm kinda freaked out, shocked, nervous, a little freaked out, neausous, light headed, scared to death and down right freaked out about his appointment. I know that the next surgery will alone without Kirke there to help, to worry with, to cry to. He'll be a gazillion miles away and worried to peices with nothing to calm him but his next IM chat with me.

3 comments:

MommaSuds said...

One of us will be there to worry woth you I am sure.I know that doesn't replace Kirke but hopefully it will help.I know you are worried both of you and I hope you know we are thinking about him and you guys tomorrow and hopefully they will be able to tell you something.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

dang.... what are they saying is the issue with COOL DUDES kidneys?

Love the pictures...

Deployment sucks but... thats the military life :(

WOAH your mileage looks alot like mine in the past couple years... this year so far... much lower thank God.

I think i am combining one comment for a couple different posts!

HUGS Laura

Anonymous said...

Things will work out fine cause they just have to let me know what I can do to help Ill send Aubrey to Juwaun if I have to go with you.