Everyday at 1700 hours military bases around the country play Retreat and lower the flag. The first round of music everyone stands at ease. Then after the first round they shoot the cannon and then start the music and lower the flag. The soldiers ceremoneously fold the flag and then march to put it away until the next morning.
We can hear Retreat played at our house everyday when we're outside. The boys are fast to stop what they are doing and put their hands over their hearts. Kirke decided to teach the boys more about what they are doing because all they knew was that the music meant "they are taking down the American flag". He wanted them to see it in action. We dressed them up in their ACU's (Army Combat Uniforms) and met Kirke at post headquarters to see them lower the flag.
Amber came and took these pictures of us watching the daily ceremony.
After the flag was carried off the boys wanted to see the cannon and I thought it was the perfect place to take these pictures that I wanted before Kirke leaves on Friday. So Amber took these pictures.
And here's a couple more because we had so much fun!
Ok that's it for today. I have lots of great pictures and I will share them and blog my little heart out when I'm husband-less. As for now, I still have my Kirke and need to make the most of it...afterall we have a whole disk left of House to watch and only one more night to watch them.
My Real Life Army Brats
18 June 2008
My Patriotic Boys
Posted by My Two Army Brats at 10:26 PM
Labels: Family, military life, naughty little blonde boys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So glad you are having some time with your hubby who is doing so much for our country! Thank him for us!
God bless you all!
love the pics they turned out great! Enjoy your day even if its driving to Columbia AGAIN! Things will be ok. See ya tomorrow.
Those are such great pictures!! Enjoy the time you have left with him!
They are fabulous photographs. We don't often get to see photos of you, I'm so glad you weren't behind the camera :)
Post a Comment