Instead of flowers or cards we sent this picture to our good friend who's battling cancer right now. He came through the surgery well and they're waiting on the pathology reports. Keep praying!
Ok so enough serious stuff lets get on with the title of this post!
THEY WON'T SLEEP!!! Seriously it's really starting to bug me! How am I supposed to play Rock Band and Mario Kart sip tea and read a good book to relax if they won't go to sleep?
I put their scrawny little butts to bed at a decent time I swear! Korbin used to be my sleeper but now since he's on concerta his naughty little butt won't sleep. Nope, I go to bed at 12 or 1 and go to tuck them in and then he pops up like a freakin Pop Tart and starts telling me some story!
The other night when I couldn't sleep I was up till about 230. I laid in bed listening to the wind howl outside my window. I was half expecting the house to fall down but I'm cool, I'll roll with it! So anyhow I just get comfy and all of the sudden I heard a sound. I wasn't sure if it was a kid, dog, chinchilla or the wind.
I lowered my cover and looked in the direction of the door. There, about 3 inches from my face was a kid! I screamed, then he screamed, then we both busted up laughing. Little snot! He came in to tell me a story about something, who knows what it was with him! Probably some humanitarian effort to save straws from restaurants to build houses for grasshoppers because then we'd be reusing our old items instead of throwing it away as well as helping grasshoppers be more comfortable. And surely the straws could be filled with dirt to insulate the grasshopper huts and I went to sleep so who knows what happened next.
The only reason I know he sleeps is because he's a pain in the a butt to wake up each day!
Speaking of which, it's 1:30 I should try the whole sleeping thing huh?

4 comments:
Oh yeah, that can be annoying. Hope you (and he) can get some sleep soon . HOpe your friend pulls through the surgery ok and love the picture you sent him!
What a great picture for your friend! I'll be praying for him!!
Sleep adjustment: (this is hard as hell, but it will work to get them back on track)
1. Wake everyone up at 6:00 a.m. regardless of what time they went to bed.
2. After showers and a good breakfast, hit the decks running. Make sure they are out and moving, busy, busy, busy, all day. No car naps. No house naps.
3. Put them to bed no later than 9:00 p.m. AND YOU GO TO BED BY 11:00. (you have to model good, healthy sleep habits for them, Mom!)
Wash, rinse, and repeat daily for 3-5 days. At the end of that time it will be pretty much a habit. During that time it will probably be hell, but they will start sleeping regularly if you continue to put them to bed at 9:00 and get them up at a reasonable time in the morning. Reasonable does not mean 11 or noon. ;o) They need to be up and moving by 9:00 a.m. latest once you get the pattern established. Also,you might want to add a PE component to the school day. 30 min to an hour of hard physical activity will wear them out enough that by 9 they will be begging to hit the sack.
Good luck if you are brave enough to tackle it. ;o)
Aw, you and your boys are adorable!
I hope your friend is doing better!
Post a Comment