UPDATE: Not only does this organization make these quilts for free they also thank the bloggers who post about it! I got this comment this afternoon and wanted to include it in this post!
Operation Kid Comfort has left a new comment on your post "Operation Kid Comfort":
Thank you so much for posting information about your Operation Kid Comfort quilts and the joy this program has brought you children. Korbin and Tayton are adorable and look so happy with their OpKid quilts.
Thousands of America's Littlest Heroes, the children of our deployed men and women, have been served since Operation Kid Comfort began more then five years ago, on Make A Difference Day, 2003. It is wonderful to see blogs such as yours recognize the efforts of hundreds of volunteers that make this award winning program so special.
Information about the program, its origins, and how to participate in and support Operation Kid Comfort, please visit www.operationkidcomfort.blogspot.com or www.asymca.org.
Best wishes to you and yours. We will keep you and all our military families in our thoughts and prayers.
Ann FlahertyFounder, Operation Kid Comfort
The Armed Services YMCA has a program called Operation Kid Comfort. They make quilts (or pillows for older kids) with pictures on them for kids of deployed soldiers. We jumped in on that offer real quick and we got our quilts today! They are so perfect!
My Real Life Army Brats
09 March 2009
Operation Kid Comfort
The note on the bag reads:
Dear Korbin/Tayton,
Hello! My name is K.C. That stands for Kid Comfort. Actually, my full name is Operation Kid Comfort but you can call me K.C.
So, I am a quilt and I know I am not supposed to talk but I just wanted to let you know how special you are. I can only imagine how hard it must be for you t not be able to see your Daddy everyday.
Hopefully I can help with that; just look at me! There are pictures all over me of you and the people that love you the most. Your name is on there and the seal of your Daddy's military organization is there as well!
I want you to know that it is okay to hurt and it is okay to cry. You can drag me around as much as you like. Sleep on me, cover yourself up with me, and hug me! I promise that I'll stay with you and help you through these tough times.
You also do not have to worry about getting me dirty. I like being washed in cold water with mild detergent on the gentle cycle. I especially like to air dry!
So, get ready to enjoy me!
I also wanted to let you know that lots of other people who helped make me are also thinking special thoughts about you and your family. There is the person that cut the fabric, another that printed out all your pictures and some special people who sewed me together and got me ready so that I could belong to you and only you!
Your Buddy,
K.C.
Posted by My Two Army Brats at 8:30 PM
Labels: military life, naughty little blonde boys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
What a cool idea. They look so cute. I hope the boys like them.
HOW TOTALLY COOL IS THAT!!!!!!!! love those! and Love the letter too!
That is a wonderful idea. These quilts are great.
I was going to do one of these! I got the link from CincHouse. I decided instead I am having quilts made from their daddy's uniforms. My aunt is a quilter so I am boxing up and sending a bunch of Josh's millions of uniforms :) Those quilts are SOOOO precious! I bet they are going to really enjoy them
Thank you so much for posting information about your Operation Kid Comfort quilts and the joy this program has brought you children. Korbin and Tayton are adorable and look so happy with their OpKid quilts.
Thousands of America's Littlest Heroes, the children of our deployed men and women, have been served since Operation Kid Comfort began more then five years ago, on Make A Difference Day, 2003. It is wonderful to see blogs such as yours recognize the efforts of hundreds of volunteers that make this award winning program so special.
Information about the program, its origins, and how to participate in and support Operation Kid Comfort, please visit www.operationkidcomfort.blogspot.com or www.asymca.org.
Best wishes to you and yours. We will keep you and all our military families in our thoughts and prayers.
Ann Flaherty
Founder, Operation Kid Comfort
What a great idea. The quilts are beautiful. Our family support does pillow cases with the picture on it but those quilts are so much nicer.
Oh my god those quilts are AWESOME! What a great organization!!
Lilac....they do the quilts for 7 and under. Over 7 gets pillow cases. Whatever your group does is awesome!
My girls love our....umm I mean "their" quilts LOL. I will post pics on my blog later. We got ours the same time as the boys did. I will forever tell people about Operation Kid Comfort now. Especially since they took the time to leave such a wonderful comment on your blog.
How cool it that. I think that this is a very cool idea. I hope the boys love them, and mommy too! Love you all very much and hope you all are feeling better soon! Take care!!
WONDERFUL! Those people deserve a very special place in heaven! I'm going to send a link to this post to my friend, Lisa, so she can maybe order one for her soldier's little girl. SOOO NEAT! Thanks for sharing and congratulations to the boys on getting their quilts.
Thanks so much for sharing this. I immediately emailed my DIL about this and have posted on my blog. This is such a special cause. Just fantastic!
It was very interesting for me to read this blog. Thank author for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.
Post a Comment