My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

15 August 2008

Seriously? In Real Life?

Ok I mean come on give me a freakin break already would ya??



I deserve one right? I deserve the chance to just sit and relax and not have to worry that things are being destroyed right? Well I wanted to have my friends over to hang out tonight. That means we combine the 7 kids. Yep our normal time together involves combating 7 kids while trying to just relax and hang out.



One of the girls just came down and said "Megan just poured a bucket of water on the floor"! Seriously! We have 7 kids up there. Megan is the second to the youngest at 4 years old. That means the 5, 6, almost 7, 8 and 10 years olds were upstairs watching the four year old pour an entire Jumbo lego bucket of water on the floor.



Now I'm a little confused because I'm pretty sure that they all know that we don't play in giagantic tubs of water on the carpet in our bedrooms! And I'm pretty sure that rule applies in all of our houses at all times. But apparently not in my house tonight. Nope cause tonight is "I can't remember the rules night" at Michelles house! Yep, it is, and you're all invited! (Please RSVP though)



The children clear it all up for me and explain that it was Taytons idea. He needed it to keep his moon rock in to keep it shiny. The moon rock that he found in the front yard mind you! Now that makes perfect sense! Of course I would approve of that because I'm the kind of mom who understands the need for a water creature such as a moon rock to remain in its natural habitat....Wait just a minute! There is no water on the moon! Why on Earth does a moon rock need water? Let me ask.



Seriously are they all really this brilliant? Surely they aren't this loyal to one another and were just trying to protect one another?


I just came across this picture in my computer. I found this on the table the other day when I got up. Money, cardboard, scissors, glue and of course a hinge. The money was glued securely to the cardboard. The chunks of cardboard were glued to one another and I'm guessing the hinge was next in line. I found this before they ever got to use their invention....Thank God!


2 comments:

kat said...

Whoa seven kids and a bucket of water....you've certainly got your hands full.

Hehe what did they do with the cardboard, money, hinge etc? Did you find out?

Tea said...

I seriously love you guys. Even when it's crazy it's great! Maybe not all craziness is loved at its moment of birth, but come on... it doesn't get much better than this!!