I have learned to love technology. I seriously love love love electronic devices that make my day easier and more interesting.
Until they fail me.....
When my electronic devices that I love and trust turn their backs on me and make me look completely stupid in front of my friends my love turns to anger and serious feelings of betrayal.
Meet Maggie. She is our Magellan navigation system thingy. Generally fairly reliable even.
Yesterday it happened. Maggie and I have had our differences before this one but this was by far her worst betrayal of my trust and my temper ran hot. She steered me wrong one too many times on this trip and when I finally had enough I rolled down the car window unplugged her, took her off her perch and tossed her right out the window!
Not to worry though because Amber got out and retrieved the lying witch from her grassy landing. Oh and please don't worry she still works just fine. She still tells me to "turn left in point 5 miles" which if I listened would land us next to a couple of cows or the occassional horse. Stupid stupid technology! I think Maggie needs an update cause the roads she's seeing don't exist!
My Real Life Army Brats
17 August 2008
Maggie can Fly
Posted by My Two Army Brats at 12:48 PM
Labels: Funny Stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That was the longest ride to the zoo EVER!!! I told you to follow the signs off the exit but noooo you'd rather listen to Maggie good thing you tossed her out cause I was seriously gonna hit her when we finally got to the zoo.
Ok first of all there was one sign to the zoo and that was at the exit.Then there were no more.Nope not one.Second of all that is one of the crappiest pics of me ever.Thanks so much for posting it.I am never wearing those shorts again!Poor poor Maggie.Good thing there was grass on my side and I was sitting far back enough not to get hit in the head by her as she was thrown out MY window.
Dude. My husband takes AusTom's (our Tom Tom) words very very literally. He has driven the wrong way down one-way streets, nearly driven into a river, and taken the REALLY long way to somewhere that he totally knows how to get to. I think I need to throw the dumb thing out the window.
Just think... if I had been able to go with you guys I could have karate chopped her, put her in a choke hold, hand-cuffed her to the rear axle, or just simply turned her off. But throwing her out the window is much more exciting and just as effective. I am glad to hear, however, of her safe recovery due to Amber's quick and smart thinking. It could have been a really bad day for poor Maggie...
Post a Comment