My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

28 May 2008

Seriously?

Seriously? Did they really HAVE to go to all the trouble of doing this for me to take a picture of them? Really I took tons and tons of pictures while my nieces and nephew were hanging out with us. I did! I promise I did! Maybe they missed all of the "smile" and clicking and flashing that was going on around them? Did they really have to do this to get me to take some pictures? And what a great husband I have! He went into the dining room, found what you're about to see and says "grab the camera you're gonna want pictures of this"! He was right.

Here is Summer. Isn't she lovely? She really is adorable...without the frosting!



Olivia demonstrates the God given rights of the birthday girl. I must have missed where it said "birthday child may paint their face with icing as the see fit".


I'm pretty sure Zoe was getting ready for some ritualistic song and dance around a campfire with maraca's and drums. Or she was the ringleader...


Our dear sweet Cool Dude was not going to miss out on this artistic opportunity either. He has learned something in the past five years and knew that I was not going to love this creation.



And here we have a great picture that demonstrates the advances that Tayton has made over the past year with his SI (Sensory Integration) disorder. He generally can't stand to have any kind of messy, sticky, gooey or wet substance on his face/hands. Here you can see how uncomfortable it's making him but he really just wanted to join the fun. I was so proud of his achievement. Maybe next time he can try to show me his progress through finger painting?


Now being that Zachary is now nearly 11 he must have decided he didn't want to hang with the "little kids". This was him with the first cupcake before the others started their make overs....but it's pretty accurate of how he looked after the cupcake masquerade.

4 comments:

kat said...

I just wanted to stop by to say hi and to check if you made it safely to your destination. Your photos are great. It makes me want to be a kid again. Mmmmh frosting.

My Two Army Brats said...

Still driving...and driving...well riding really but still....

Another 100 miles and we should be...well too far, we'd have to turn around. We're only 65 miles away...ugh and let the country music blast through the one speaker in the raggedy cadi!!

Anonymous said...

This must be what we missed since I was dying on Sunday...I have to say Im glad cause I didnt want to have to clean that up.

My Two Army Brats said...

That happened after everyone left except my family. Nice huh? It was funny....sorta