My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

06 May 2008

Let's lighten things up again!

Here are some of the sweetest pictures EVER!!

This is my sweet little Korbin at the playground:

Photobucket

This is our sweet little Megan (or magen as Korbin says it.........she calls him Kormin so it's okay)

Photobucket

They are such good friends (when the big kids are at school anyway)!
Photobucket

They really love each other! Get your lips of my kid little brown girl! Aren't they sweet?

Photobucket

Awww and look the little snot kissed her back he returns the kiss!
Photobucket

We have such great friends here and we need that to make it through whatever the Army throws our way so it's really nice when the kids can bond too. They have so much fun together when they aren't trying to kill each other. And they always play so nice and share everything yeah cause that happens never!

Here's a picture we had taken of the boys a while back, I can't really remember when but it was at a marriage retreat. We went to Tan-tar-a and they had free picture takin with one free 8x10. We were excited to get the pictures back 4 months later, good lord that was slow!

When the pictures arrived this is what I found:
Photobucket

Now don't get me wrong that picture is awesome. The only problem is that Tayton doesn't have blue crocs AND he is not physically able to sit Indian style criss cross. I love to be able to edit and doctor up my pictures, I do!

But I never went as far as to remove the legs of one child and put them on the other! They cut off Taytons legs and copied Korbins legs and put them on Tate! WHO DOES THAT??

I wasn't going to do it because it's terribly embarassing but here is our family picture. First let me explain that we had just got off an hour long ride through the resort on a very very fast golf cart. And I didnt bring enough nice clothes so I had to wear my Relay shirt....I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is:

Photobucket

Look closely. First you'll notice I look fat.......oh right that wasn't their fault! BUT they decided my hair should not be hanging forward so they gave me a haircut.

How can you just photo chop shop my hair off on one side? I look stupid! Second I said before we just got off of a rocket speed golf cart and I had some fly aways on top of my head, so what, it's okay I swear! BUT NOOOOOOO they felt the need to smooth them out with their photo chop program and that resulted in a BALD SPOT!

The boys, they all look fabulous in this picture don't they? They also must have photo chopped their heads off of different ones and sewed them on cause I know that all three of them didn't ever look that good in one picture!

Here's how I'd improve this picture:

Photobucket

And now I'm off to bed!

29 comments:

AmersP said...

ROFLMAO. OMG YOUR HAIR OMG. What in the heck were you really doing there??? The photographers must obvioulsy be having fun with something LOL. That just totally made my day. Seriously your hair...you really must do it just like that it is soooo cute on you hahahhaahahaha.

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures of the Korbin and Megan they are just too sweet ... (Oh BTW when do I get those pics lol) I still love those cropped photos ok not love so much as die laughing when I see them I love your chopped do and bald spot dont worry it works on you makes you very oh whats the word umm darn it very something. Did you ever call to complain?

My Two Army Brats said...

Shut up Ami!

Ok just kidding, geesh!

They sent out the proofs and we chose what we wanted from them and I thought I'd go ahead with getting a few because they were alright. There was a note that said that the pictures would be edited to remove any blemishes or to remove glares.

Well they didn't say they'd be giving me a haircut and a bald spot and they'd make the guys all look great!

It was a conspiracy!

No I didn't call to complain cause I'm forgetful and stuff.

Elizabeth said...

Hi! I came by way of Damama.
Just wanted to let you know that My family prays for all the service men and women every night. I'll add your family especially.
I promise to comment here if you promise to come by "my place" and reciprocate! Loved the photos.
Editing too much is just strange. Really obnoxious about the boys "cloned" legs. God Bless, EJT
PS. Loved the "don't agree" directions to Mexico!

Anonymous said...

LMAO those pictures are great! I can't believe you haven't called those people who chopped your hair off and yelled at them. You're way to beautiful to have a picture like that one! Those jerks!

I can't believe that Tayton didn't freak out about his legs getting moved around!

Amber

MaBunny said...

OMG that is too funny, I never noticed the leg thing till you mentioned it, now I can't help but tell it, how hilarious! Why would they photoshope your hair? lol just a different type of bilevel haircut, hehe.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

i would never have guessed on the boys legs but OMG your hair how on earth could they chop just one side LOL... have mercy you really SHOULD call and complain they did horridly!

Roger Miller said...

I liked the pictures, but I can't believe that they would photoshop your kids legs... That's just too weird, and criminal. Stealing one kids legs...

Glad you explained the "haircut" that's too funny.

Heather said...

I've got to honestly say I just thought your hair was thrown behind your shoulder. Maybe that's the effect the crop-artist was going for. ??!!? :D Funny post.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

That is so strange that they photoshopped those things without asking. Especially the legs. So odd! Maybe they were working on their photoshop skills. I'd like a lesson. AHA...they are pimping photoshop lessons, not pictures...

Stitchblade said...

That post was so funny! Your kids are too cute!

Lilac_moon17 said...

I can not believe you are complaining about a free hair cut! Not to mention, some people would pay a lot of money to get a new set of legs.

Hehe you get what you pay for.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is so weird! I didn't even notice your hair until you said that!
And you certainly don't look fat!!!!!!!!!!

4funboys said...

very sweet pictures!!! A.L.L. of them!

dlyn said...

I don't think I have ever seen such odd photoshopping on professional photos - too wierd!

Melanie Dickens said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. OMGosh are they crazy. I don't think I would go back there. One bad choice after another with the editing.

MammaDucky said...

Thanks for stopping by!

That's weird. I had my kiddos pictures done and they did some cutting and pasting too. But dang, that's extreme on yours!

You have a beautiful family!!

Damama T said...

LOLOLOL!! I cannot believe they did that! AND YOU ARE NOT FAT! Don't look at me that way. YOU AREN'T! Come over to my house and we'll both don swimsuits and stand in front of my big full-length mirror and you will see just how NOT FAT YOU ARE! ;o) LOL

Thank goodness your family so way to cute for those idiots to be able to do anything to screw it up. xoxoxo

Unknown said...

sorry, I too, think the PHOTOSHOP is funny. Who does that? I had no idea they would go so far & cut your little boys legs off! Nonetheless... y'all are an adorable family!

imbeingheldhostage said...

ROFLMAO!!!! holy cow, who does that to a photo! You are seriously funny, Brandy sent me over here to look at a specific post, but four posts later and I'm laughing like an insane person.

said...

Ha!! Photoshop hell!!

You do have a beautiful family. The photo in the header is GORGEOUS!

I found you on Manic Mariah's blog. I always have to check out Army wife blogs... Because mil-spouses ROCK!

AutoSysGene said...

Wow, nothing like taking license with your photos. Took me a minute to figure out the whole leg thing...guess they are heavily into Photoshop, huh? :)

Honey Mommy said...

That is hilarious! I do my fair share of photoshopping, but I don't think I have ever cut off hair, or given people other people's parts! How bizarre.

Hannah said...

That's insane!! You should demand that you get your money back!! lol

Lela said...

That is just absolutely hilarious! I have never seen this. I'd love to know what these people are thinking. It's worse than the 'air brushing' they do for the elementary school kids! Nuts.

Thanks for stopping by After the Bubbly. I'm glad I could provide a laugh!

Unknown said...

What the heck with your hair. I can't begin to understand that. I never heard of that before : ). That is CRAZY! Your pictures of the kids at the park are adorable! What a nice family! (Even if the boys are wearing my LEAST favorite kind of shoes in the whole wide world....)

Anonymous said...

rofl I just found your blogg and this was the first post I read I nearly died laughing. Your post made my day! we are also a military family and can relate oh so much.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I can't believe they copied your boys' legs! THAT's BAD!!! But of course, I would have never noticed if you didn't point it out.

And the family picture is BEAUTIFUL!

Andrea said...

That is amazing. i've never seen anything like it. The haircut is the best!