We took a trip. Kirke graduated from BNCOC (E6 school for the Army) on Tuesday and was the honor graduate so we just had to go and see him. His mom flew here on Sunday and we stayed in a hotel in STL that night and flew out on Monday.
The airline somehow thought it was appropriate to seat my MIL and I together for the flight and one boy had a seat behind us and the other was assigned to a seat that was a few rows back and by the window on the other side. Don't get me wrong, I do love the idea of a plane ride without two wild boys bugging me and pretending I have no idea who that kid is that keeps kicking that poor ladies seat. However, it is against my better judgement.
Korbin was throwing a fit in the Detroit airport so I whisked his little butt screaming and all off to the family bathroom so we could have a little chat. As soon as we got there his nose started to gush blood. So picture this: mean mom drags small boy into bathroom and comes out with small boy no longer crying but holding a bloody towel to his nose. That did not earn me mom of the year. How convenient for him to get a bloody nose at a time like that! He was so worked up I'm surprise he wasn't puking too!
I'm pretty sure the airplane took two or three extra circles around the airport in Maryland before it landed. And then, the nerve of some people I tell you! It took FOREVER for the plane to taxi to the gate to let us off. AND people thought they had the right to get off the plane before us just because we were in rows 26 and 27.
The drive from Maryland to Missouri was just shy of 1000 miles. Crammed in Kirke's raggedy old Cadillac! The boys were good some of the time.
They were not so good another part of the time. No pictures of that though sorry!
But I did get pictures of this at a rest area in Illinois:
We felt so safe at this particular rest area that we ventured down a little trail to a playground strategically placed with woods on two sides of it for added security. The boys needed a break to play here are a few pictures of that. It was so sweet to see them with daddy again however, knowing our time is limited made it sad.
We got home and I was so lucky to get to write a paper before falling into bed after midnight. Kirke is off signing back in to the unit right now. That makes me sad. But it's okay we will make the best of each day we have together.
My Real Life Army Brats
15 May 2008
I didn't run away too.....but it's a good idea!
Posted by My Two Army Brats at 11:08 AM
Labels: Family, Funny Stuff, naughty little blonde boys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment