My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

26 March 2008

Day 3: Cheese on the stairs?

Why on earth is there a slice of cheese on the stairs? I'm walking upstairs to tuck the brat boys into bed at 745 sharp, knowing with my luck it will take them a good two hours to settle down, and I see a yellow square on the step. Yep, cheese! And why wouldn't there be cheese on the stairs? It really might be a good plan. When the boys start to come down the stairs to say "I need a bedtime snack" I could just say "split that slice of cheese and get back into bed"! Right?

The boys share one bedroom and then the other room is the playroom. Well they just wouldn't settle down tonight. So when Korbin had come down to tell me his "meanie brother" pinched him and said he was a bad boy! I gave him my mean mom look and said "get your things you two are not sleeping together anymore!" He cried! Why would you cry when you're getting moved into the playroom (shouldn't he be cheering right about now?) away from the "meanie brother" who just pinched him?

I've had another busy day but with much less drama. No new illnesses or bacterial eye infections, gross! I was on the radio again today talking about Relay For Life of Pulaski County !
I really love to be on the radio it's fun! Last week I got up, did my hair, put on makeup and went to the radio station where everyone was wearing jeans and tshirts and looking like they just rolled out of bed! Duh!! No one cares what you look like on the radio.....NO ONE CAN SEE ME!! This week I am avoiding makeup because of the whole pink eye thing and I don't want to have to replace all my eye makeup if I do come down with the nasty stuff!

OH I ALMOST FORGOT!!! Today I started Tayton on the drops too just in case right? Well he started screaming "it stings it burns" like someone was killing him! So being the sweet sensitive mom that I am I of course said "shake it off your little brother doesn't cry about it and besides it's just like water!" THEN this afternoon I decided I might need some too just in case cause I don't want this crap! OH MY GOD that stuff stings soooooo incredibly badly! I felt so horrible for telling Tate to shake it off and that he was imagining the pain! I'm a mean mom! So mean in fact that I made sure to give them drops again before bed!

4 comments:

Sammie said...

haha doesnt cheese just get everywhere? lol. on the stairs is a new one though i have to admit.

also, i am LOVING the new layout, looks funky dory.

sending love and prayers and well wishes as always, sammie and co x

Jules said...

I so incredibly HATE pink eye. My boys have had it a couple of times but not recently (knock on wood really loudly here).

The last time my youngest had it, TWO people had to hold him down while I put the drops in. And wasn't that a FUN thing to do?

Good luck with the meds. Hope it's all cured in a big hurry.

Anonymous said...

i love to whole leaving the cheese for a bed time snack. Just so you dont step on it as you go up to Bed. love to read your blog! Waiting for more!

Damama T said...

Cheese on the stairs?? LOL! That is one thing I never had to deal with. Not sure how I would have handled it.

The pink eye drops thing, though, I can offer some assistance with. 1. have them hold a rag dipped in ice water over their eyes for about a minute before putting in the drops and then again immediately after applying them. The cold helps numb the eyes up a little and the post-drop activity takes their mind off of it a little. You can also chill the drops some in the fridge to help a little. Just don't freeze them!

Hope everyone is on the mend by now.