My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

31 March 2008

Another bit from my family

Today my beautiful, funny, and smart sister in law said "When is Kirke being DEPORTED?"

Deported? Really? I had no idea we should even be concerned about that!

He was born in Texas and trust me when I'm there I feel like I'm in a whole different country; courtesy of my father in law pointing out how different I am from them. But I'm pretty sure you can't get deported back to Texas. Now I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you have to go much further south for that.

When my family first met Kirke (and every subsequent visit since) I have to translate for them because he talks so fast. OH and the funniest thing is when he tries to order food at a drive through. Everytime he asks for "sprite" he gets fries. He gets so mad that he'll make me order from the passenger seat! He's been in the Army for over ten years and all it takes is ten minutes at home for him and his accent to becomes much stronger.

So anyhow when "E" asked me when Kirke is being deported I about died from laughing so hard! She fixed it and asked when he's going to be DEPLOYED. Which I think is kind of like being deported. I mean he did live there for year in 2005 so it's kind of like being sent home right? NO? I didn't think so either?

Here is our pre-deployment family picture. See his California tan? Sure he was there training.....if the Army now teaches surfing I might believe that!

Our Family 2008

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha Ha! That is funny. Deported. But I have found there are SO many people that have no idea what many of the military terms are. I was married to two guys (not at the same time) that were military, so I was a military spouse for over 21 years. I don't miss it at all, but it's funny when I mention PT or something, and people ask me why my husband was doing Physical Therapy! LOL

My Two Army Brats said...

My sister knew that he was getting deployed since this isnt the first time. Silly girl just got her words mixed up and I loved her choice of replacements.

Anonymous said...

I wouldnt worry too much about Kirke getting deported back to Texas cause Im sure the Army can get him outta that charge and deploy his butt to the sandbox or to Maryland for that matter. By the way did I tell you I really like your family photo?