We've been going ninety to nothing the past couple weeks! I've been dying to eat at Lamberts Cafe for a while now. Dana told me they throw rolls and that's all I needed to know. Any resturant that throws food is great in my opinion!
We finally went two weeks ago. We went with Ambers family and our good friend James. We got there and put our name on the waiting list at 4:45. Only an hour and forty minute wait! Wow! We waited because dang it I want someone to throw food!
We got our table and Amber's in-laws were with us. Well they're about as country as you can get coming from Indiana. We ordered our food, caught some food from the air and got more brought around in giant pots and slopped onto our plates. Oh wait, I didn't eat on a plate! It was a giant fryin pan!
Ambers Father in Law ordered Jowls. I had no idea what jowls were. Then next thing I know Korbin and Cadie were each eating themselves some hog jowls. Korbin told me it was good! Amber's hubby told Cadie to ask her grandpa what they were. He replied "the jaw of the hog (cheek)", as if that's perfectly normal.
Korbin's response to that bit of knowlege: "I'm full of eating this now." And he put it on the table.
~Till They All Come Home~


4 comments:
I'm so glad you guys liked it after you drove so far and had to wait so long!!!! I LOVED that place!
Sound like fun. When my kids were little I ran a daycare. Food was trown all the time, but I don't think it was the same.
He's full of something alright... NOT *THAT*! He's full of cuteness!
Hog Jowls at Lambert's! Oh my goodness, what an experience. I was so fired up I began a blog based on the meal: HogJowls.com
And weren't the "throwed rolls" fun?
–Peter in Canberra, liking your blog
Post a Comment