How many more nights do I have to sleep alone? How much does our family have to suffer so that people in some other country can continue to live life as they did before the war? How many more years do my kids and I have to live without a man of the house? A daddy? A husband and best friend?
I'm tired of this life. I want to live the civilian life where we don't have to think twice about our spouse being shipped off to fight for freedom in some other country. Where we can walk outside and not see neighbors hugging goodbye for what may be the day or week or months and even years. I want to take life for granted just for a day, or two.
A few more days can literally turn into a lifetime to the soldier and families awaiting the end of their current tour. One more roadside bomb, suicide bomber or RPG could be the last for those of us still waiting for our soldiers return in just a few weeks or even days.
Half of our battalion is now home. I'd love to say home safe but the occurrence of abuse, assault, accidental and intentional deaths resulting from DUI's and domestic dispute sky rockets when soldiers return from any deployment let alone a 15 month deployment. Suicides become a sad but current trend as well. Even though they're returning home they bring a bit of the war home with them.
I want my soldier returned to me promptly in the same condition in which I surrendered him to this deployment so many months ago. Is that too much to ask? Probably so. Right now I'd settle for a hug and kiss and a smile to reassure me that he's still the soldier I love so much. The one who asked me to marry him 10 years ago tomorrow! (Our wedding anniversary is in December)
Come home soon baby we miss you!
~Till They All Come Home~

6 comments:
I've read that suicide/domestic abuse and DUIs increases when a soldier comes home. I can't even begin to fathom what kind of baggage they are bringing home with them. I hope your beloved will return the same as you sent him off. Will be thinking of you tomorrow ! /hugz
Happy Anniversary!
It's no wonder you're missing him so much right now!
I am feeling the same way honey. You are just better at putting in words than I am. I dont now what to say to make you feel better besides just keep lying to yourself by thinking only a few more days!!
Girl there is nothing I can say to make you feel better. I hope he is home soon and in fine form as we know Kirke can be LOL. Big hugs girl!!!
HUGSSSSSSSSSSSS
Heck, he's already home as I read this and that made me weep. I know I keep saying it, but THANK YOU! All of you for all you give for the rest of us. Love ya, kiddo!
Post a Comment