My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

09 July 2009

Front Page News: She's Not Bitchy Anymore

Our soldier's home and now that we're on the front page of the paper we can't deny we missed each other!



Here's the picture without all the other chaos around it!




Kirke came home and said "how did we manage to get on the front page of the newspaper?"


My response was "well I was mean to the guy last week when the first group of soldiers came home so he remembered me this week!"

So here's the true story.

Me and my very good friends were sitting waiting on the first half of the battalion to come home on the 28th of June. The newspaper guy came and started his spiel about how he's looking for people to photograph and have names to go with the pictures for the pictures and blah blah blah. I cut him off short and said "umm we're the group who won't be getting our soldiers back today so you might want to find someone else if you want happy pictures."


I wasn't really that bitchy was I?



So this week he came up to us and I just laughed and he said "Are you ready for pictures this week?" So we couldn't very well say "no"!

OH and the best part is that he got a promotion by the newspaper guy. I guess he misunderstood me because they printed Staff Sergeant instead of Sergeant. I'd appreciate seeing that in the paycheck please!


~Till They All Come Home~

11 comments:

Proud Army Wife said...

Look at you girl!! I love the pic see being bitchy does get you some where!! Maybe I need to be Alex more often. LOL

kat said...

LOL, at least you didn't threaten to knee-cap him if he didn't put you on the frontpage :). So happy you guys are reunited.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

sweet!!!!!!!!

MaBunny said...

YAY!!! and I LOVE that picture! so sweet!

Laura Marchant said...

Oh I love that picture!

Damama T said...

AMAZING! Love the picture. Was that the dress you showed me when I was there? Hard to tell from just the sleeve, and I don't remember those colors... but then I am getting senile. LOL!

I'm so glad he's home but I'm a wee bit afraid won't have time for us not-yourhusband types any time soon! LOL!

Take your time. We'll be here when you get back. xoxoxo

Weezy said...

You look so happy, both of you...it makes my heart so glad! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy...you all deserve it!

AmersP said...

Yay!!! I am so happy for you. Sorry it took so long to post back...we have been enjoying our block leave and trying to get as much time in as possible as it is rapidly running short UGH...I had forgotten all these crazy emotions that happen before that nasty goodbye...Seeing your pics makes the goodbyes so worth the hellos though. I am so glad he is finally home to you!!! Call me when you get a minute and you can sure be expecting a call the VERY end of August b/c I will be needing you about then ;)

proudsoldiermom said...

so glad you have your man home. We'll get our day in 7 more months.

Queenie Jeannie said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I love the picture and I'm soooo happy you guys are finally back together again!!

YAY! The end of another deployment, and your soldier came home safe and sound!

HOOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Jenni said...

Oh! Look at you two! It just brings tears to my eyes (no, let's not blame it on the whacko post-partum hormones!!) Soooo sweet! I am so glad that you are all finally reunited. Feeling a whole world of indebtedness to your soldier and to all who so bravely protect us! Hugs! Jenni