My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

15 February 2009

Ugly Pants Lady

I have been so crazy busy! I had my van in the shop this week, that was interesting.



I walked into the shop to give Dave my keys and let them get started and I had to wait in line behind this woman. This woman who had short spikey hair one big earring in one ear and one stud in the other. She also had on huge, baggy, stone washed jeans with the hideous ugly white bleached out looking areas all down the front. And of course her shirt was tucked in. I hate tucked in shirts just to put that out there. Not that her outfit and lack of any sense of style had to do with anything but it was ..... interesting.



I stood there and lost about 10 minutes of my life that I will never get back. I feel cheated out of valuable time as I listened to her talk. She was quite concerned that she didn't know how long the car had to idle before she could drive it. She must have asked the same thing over and over just in different ways. Eventually the manager, Dave sent her off with Kenny who I assume drew the short straw and got stuck with this assignment.



"So you're telling me I can just get right in and drive?" She exclaimed in her most astonished voice, I'm certain. I cracked up laughing. Kenny tells her that she can let it run to let the oil circulate through the engine for a minute or two if she feels she must. She then replied "so if I get in, start it up, listen to one song on the radio, then I can drive it?" Kenny just let it go at that.



I walked up to Dave and asked if I get a discount if I promise not to ask stupid questions. He laughed and said I definately should. When she finally took her ugly ass jeans and stupid questions out the door I had to talk to Kenny.



"Hey if I let my van run for 45 minutes will that be long enough and it will be ready to drive?" I asked.



Kenny caught on quick and said "you're going to need to let that run for at least an hour because it's bigger!"



From then on I referred to her as ugly jeans lady. When I picked up my van I asked them how long it needed to run now that it was all fixed up and Kenny told me he saw her at the gas station. She was coming out as he was going in. He got two hot dogs and a drink and came out and she was still sitting there obviously listening to her one song on the radio before she'd drive even though she had only turned it off to go into the gas station.



This puzzles me. I know that I'm always in a rush to get no where fast but I don't have time for that! I can't waste 5 or 10 or even 3 minutes every single time I start my car up waiting for the oil to warm up through the engine! What the heck did she learn to drive in? An old crank up car? Geesh! Now if it's cold out that's a different story. Then I'll give it 10 minutes but only so that the engine will be warm enough to blow hot air out the heater for my own comfort!



Too many minutes of my life lost to stupid questions being asked repeatedly. I'm mean I know. I'm okay with that....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started out trying to pretend that ugly pants lady was me and I was offended, but geez. I couldn't even go there. Some people...

The scary part is if she has that much trouble starting the car, can you imagine her actually driving it?

MaBunny said...

wow, talk about clueless... i would have cracked up too!

Burgh Baby said...

What? I don't have to let my car idle for 45 minutes for leaving?

You have changed my life.

Or not.

Anonymous said...

Look at this way with out stupid people our days wouldnt be as funny. Thanks for the laugh. Hey you never said was she blonde? LMAO.

Damama T said...

The older I get the less patience I have for stupid people. I'm *getting* mean(er). I know. I'm okay with that... too. ;o) LOL!