My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

24 November 2008

I Think He's Trying to Kill Me

I can't prove it's true but I'm certain the husband is trying to kill me! I have not sat down since breakfast this morning. Mind you we had breakfast at 11 and I ate a ton of oatmeal but that's beside the point. I'm starving and my feet hurt and and I need a shower and I'm sure I pulled a muscle in my leg, foot, shoulder, forearm, neck and probably my hand too!

He decided to mow the back yard cause I'm a lazy wife that hasn't mowed since September and it needed it a month ago it grows like mad on the dogs side of the yard...yeah that's it! Anyhow I decided mowing now might be a bad idea since it's been below freezing a few time lately.

Now I'm wishing I had let him mow the yard. Stupid stupid stupid me! When he came home at first I asked him to please take a few minutes to help me straighten out the garage so that we could fit both cars in there. I'm certain it's not actually meant to put two cars and all of our junk in it at one time but we try. So, after he didn't get to mow the lawn he decided to clean the garage. Anyone who's seen my garage would know this will take more than a few minutes. My few minutes of straightening out that I intended to do turned into a full day of cleaning and going through boxes. I only wanted the bikes and tunnels and tents moved so we could park his raggedy car in there.

Ugh I'm so stupid sometimes! But I'm stupid with a really clean garage and a clean storage room too!

Lucky me.

Geesh now the slave driver demanded dinner! Unfortunately that would require me to either shower and get dressed and do my hair and stuff since I had slaved all day long in the dark and dirty garage. Or I had to cook because all the husband knows how to cook, conveniently, is eggs.

Update: Dinners over, I cooked, we ate, we cleaned up and now I get to sit again three minutes, maybe four if I'm lucky!

Tomorrow is our last day together before Kirke has to get back on a plane. It's also my birthday. It's a little bittersweet that he's home for it but I know it's gonna be a sucky day because I'll be sad. And then Wednesday he's gone for 9 more months. Sigh.

2 comments:

MaBunny said...

Glad you got the garage cleaned out. Sucky that he leaves tomorrow and you better post some pics soon!

Damama T said...

Our husbands have that "execution by neatness" thing in common. I absolutely HATE it when 1. he gets on a cleaning kick; and 2. proves he's a better housewife than I'll ever be! LOL!