Yesterday Tayton came home from school very excited. They learned about the elections today.
Here's how our conversation went:
Tayton: Mom tomorrows the day you get to vote for a new president.
Me: That's right.
Tayton: But mom don't you know most people are going to just vote for themselves?
Me: *giggling* Do you think I should vote for myself?
Tayton: Yeah
Me: Do you think I'd make a good president?
Tayton: Yes
Me: Aww thanks!
Tayton: Wait a minute. Doesn't the president have to do lots of work all of the time?
Me: Yes.
Tayton: Oh then you shouldn't be president.
Me: *deep breath*.....ummm ok.
Tayton: You're already too busy all the time.
Me: Nice save kid!
The boys said they got to vote today. In the first grade at the kids school John McCain won.
I'm not sure how the kindergarten classes came out but Korbin came home and told me he got to vote today too!
Korbin: I voted today Mom.
Me: Oh yeah?
Korbin: Yep!
Me: Who did you vote for?
Korbin: Cadie
Me: Wow!
Cadie is Amber's 6 year old daughter. He must have written her in. Wait he can't spell Cadie yet. Hmmm.......
I did my job as an American and exercised my right to vote. It took us about an hour and fifteen minutes from the time we got there till we left. I stepped back in time moving to MO I guess because we voted on paper. Had to draw little arrows. Weird. In Alaska we were high tech I guess. OH and privacy was nice. Here we sat at tables. Right next to the lines of people waiting to vote. I was half expecting to get choked for making the wrong choice. Very strange if you ask me but what do I know?
My Real Life Army Brats
04 November 2008
The Boys Have it All Figured Out
Posted by My Two Army Brats at 8:20 PM
Labels: Funny Stuff, naughty little blonde boys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
HAHAHA! You are way too busy to be President. Those boys are adorable. And Cadie for President, thats great!
Post a Comment