I've always been a big Bob the Builder fan. My nephew once asked his mom if Bob Vila was the real life Bob the Builder! That cracks me up every time I think of it! Tayton was Bob the Builder for Halloween one year.
Kirke's home for two weeks and after our not-so-relaxing-but-tons-of-fun-weekend in Branson I thought he should get home and get to work!
The boys are going to be elementary school drop-outs starting in January as we embark on our new adventure of homeschooling. *If you think this is a terrible idea or wish to share your negative thoughts about this choice please keep it to yourself, the decision is made and support is all we need now.*
I know that we need the "school area" to look like a school for the boys to be serious about learning so I began a transformation of part of our dining room before Kirke got home. I hung up a dry erase board for each boy and one for me. Kirke got to help make desks that fold down (so they can still use their boards) for each kid.
Then I found an ad for a loft bed in the classifieds and called them up and next thing we knew we were off on an adventure to track down this address and buy this great loft bed. We got there and had to dismantle it and load it onto the trailer. We drove the 40 miles home and put it back together. The boys were thrilled. Well that is until Korbin realized the new bed was in Tayton's room and not his. His little heart was broken. He has a futon that he has been using lately because we loaned our other bunk beds out to a friend.
Today while the boys were at school Kirke and I debated on whether we should buy the other bed that's just like the loft bed in Tayton's room that is advertised in the classifieds also OR should we just build him a loft bed ourselves. We went to Lowe's and wandered making a list of supplies we thought we might need. Then we went and wandered through a couple furniture stores and then decide to just make his bed ourselves.
We went to Lowe's bought the things we thought we needed and then went home and got to work. It was 1 o'clock and we had until 3 o'clock till the boys got out of school and would be underfoot while we tried to work. Amazingly we got the main parts finished! Then we went back to Lowe's to get the parts for the safely rails and ladder.
Here's how it all happened:
Ignore the mismatched woods and pay more attention to their smiles! Taytons bed has the swing attached and the boys have decided its the "Titanic Room" and Korbins new bed is made of wood like Noah's Ark so it's "Korbin's Ark".

6 comments:
Very cool!!!! I haven't let anyone else in on my secret but we are most likely skipping JT to 3rd grade at semester!!! YIKES. I am so happy you decided to start in Jan. Did you still want that teachers email? She said she would be so happy to help you out!! And she is in St Louis I believe.
I LOVE Bob the Builder even if there is some kind of weird sexual tension between he and Wendy. What's up with that, anyway?
That bed looks totally fun!
the beds look fantastic and you go on the homeschooling ... The kids will love it and so will you!
OMG you guys are awesome! Now make sure Kirke has enough time to build the girls one before he leaves mmmk. LOL
Michelle have you noticed my spaces after the punctuation?I have been working very hard on it since you yelled at me. Already actin like a teacher jeesh.
That is so awesome that you are going to homeschool! I wish you nothing but the best of luck and hope that you enjoy the experience. I am sure that you will.
Awesome looking bed too!
WONDERFUL!! You guys are so cool to do that from scratch. And that swing in the house thing as every kids dream.
Wow, that's a fine looking bunch of male cuteness you've got over there. ;o) The boys sure do look a lot like their dad, don't they.
Post a Comment