My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

05 November 2008

Disappointment

It was supposed to be tomorrow. I was supposed to be spending my last night (for two weeks) sleeping alone tonight. I told the boys that tomorrow was the day. The day they'd have a daddy again for two weeks. I even shaved my legs! He was supposed to be in Atlanta bright and early with hopes of catching an earlier flight here but his scheduled flight still had him here before dinner.

It was all lies. Mean cruel jokes. The flight was delayed. An hour? Two? Maybe twelve? No one would say for sure. Turns out to be a day and half delay.....If it's even safe to believe that.

The boys are sad. Kirkes mom is sad. (We picked her up today) My heart is broken too. I know it's stupid to whine. Whats an extra day in the grand scheme of things? He still gets to be home just as long. Yada yada yada......I get all that, I do. But I finally let myself get excited and this is what I get for it! I shoulda known better.

Lesson Learned....or reminded at least. I'm pretty sure I learned a long time ago I just needed a cruel reminder.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really, really sorry! I have tried to make you smile tonight. Maybe I succeeded? That, or I proved to you that I am in fact crazy!

It does matter, regardless of the grand scheme. It sucks. I mean, now, you are probably going to have to shave those legs again because they won't have the just shaven smoothness days later, ya know?

Anonymous said...

Its ok when hes finally in your arms you will forget about everything else.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

HUGS

kat said...

OMG that sucks. I can't even begin to imagine what that must have felt like...

One day gone of only two weeks together is an eternity. I hope when your hubby gets there you're going to have the best time as a family - ever.

AmersP said...

Girl I am really really sorry!!! I am sure you could have done without that reminder because I know it is a reminder! You were the one that told me not to tell my kids the last time remember LOL. I hope he gets out on time. And as Dana said grrrr for having to shave your legs again!!!! That just so totally stinks. Major hugs to you and the boys.

Lilac_moon17 said...

I never ever tell the kids an exact day. Sherman likes suprising them and that way they never have the disappointment when a delay happens.

I'll make you feel better your man will be home really soon, Sherman will be home the end of January. I know your thinking it "better you then me" And of course he will be home for 2 whole weeks.

Anonymous said...

Awww, man that really sucks! I feel for you! I have a lot of respect for the wives that stay home running the house and INTENSELY missing hubby (I don't know how/if I could do it!). So I can understand how excited you are and even though it's "only" a day...it's still another day of waiting. I hope it flies by for you!!