My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

18 January 2009

Planning For His Future

Korbin has had a really difficult day. He got to talk to his daddy on the phone today and ever since then he started acting a little on the crazy, sad, and whiny side.

He's having a hard time falling asleep so I went to lay down with him for a few minutes. He heard my brother and sister in law playing video games in the living room and said that he wanted to play too. I told him that only grown ups were playing because kids needed to go to bed. Korbin said "but you're a kid and so are they." I asked him why I was a kid and he said "because you have a mom and dad! Remember? I met them!" It was as if all this time I'd been pretending to not have parents and he just discovered something new.

Then we had a conversation in which he informed me that he doesn't want to have kids ever, just dogs. And then he decided he would have cats too.

I asked him why he didn't want to have kids. He said "because they will act crazy!" I guess he doesn't want kids that are just like him!

He then went on to tell me that he would have one boy kid. That way whenever he felt like wrestling he would be able to!

He has a plan....

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if him and Little Magen grow up and get married I think the world would only be able to handle one B&D combo.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

awwwww what a sweet guy... you are all still kids too! HEY that means I am a kid too cause my parents are still bossing me around when they want to... not that i listen too well... I take that back at 41 I am SURE I listen much better than I did at say... 15!

Anonymous said...

aww =} kids say the cutest things. my son asked me a few years ago when he could have kids. he will soon be 8. he's rushing it, lol =}

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ahhh, that was sweet!!

Hopefully he went to bed soon after that???

Anonymous said...

Well at least he knows what he wants out of life...and how to keep from going to sleep when he doesn't want to!

MommaSuds said...

Oh my goodness...could you imagine Korbin having a little Korbin. A little scary if you ask me.

Your boys always have a plan.

The Muse said...

a well thought out plan..be careful mom! :)

Snyder Stories said...

Hey I am just glad to hear that I am a kid still. I am sure he just might a have few things he will want to add to his plan! Silly kid!

Anonymous said...

Oh GOd I LOVE the cute things kids say! And their rationale for it. LOL

Tracy said...

He is a thinker for sure...so cute..Love the you are still a kid too! He's a keeper as my grandpa would say. :)

KG said...

I know it's hard for him ... you'll all get through it, though. Keep on keepin' on! He's a cutie.

eMOM said...

Hi! I hope you don't mind the comment but I really wanted to stop by and invite you & your readers to come on over so more of our military community could benefit from what we've got going on for Vanetine's Day. As a military wife, daughter of a veteran & founder of eMailOurMilitary.com I'm 100% committed to making life better for our troops - anyway I can.

eMail Our Military (eMOM) is offering 10 ways for our military community to win FREE flowers just in time for Valentine's Day ♥ http://snurl.com/b55mb

Plus, we're going to give everyone who enters something special too because we know that ALL our veterans, service members, spouses etc deserve a little something special.

@MailOurMilitary on twitter

Tonya Staab said...

well at least he has a plan :) ... albeit one that changes with every breath, but a plan none the less.