My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

05 January 2009

So Much For That Plan

I have always had to kid proof my house because I have two of the grabby-hand-having-est kids of all time! They have always been into everything! Most traditional kid proofing only worked until they were mobile then I was screwed. The boys were masters at figuring out child locks and helping our adult visitors figure them out as well.

Lately I just try to hide the things they shouldn't have and go on about my business. Until today. I went to get something off the top of the fridge and found that the boys also like my hiding spot. They had stashed a couple of "least likely to share" toys and some candy on top of the fridge.

Now what?

5 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

Hmm, maybe a good padlock? :)

Laura ~Peach~ said...

we put the bolt locks up on the top of the doors... and then made sure no moveable furnature was near by LOL... my son was a climber and plunderer... MArtha put the boys skills of pludering to shame ... so far they are living LOL.

Anonymous said...

How funny! I agree with the Padlock idea.

Snyder Stories said...

ok I thing I have a little one that is going to be the same was. Thanks! Ok anyways maybe you should puting things in place that they have already been. It might work that have already looked there. Who knows! It must runs in the family. I know they all get it from DAVID! I had gotten a lock for the fridge thinking that it would keep him out, oh no In 5 mins he was showing me how it works and saying mommy let me unlock it. So much for that! I think still do have one up on him, the door handle locks I think in just might have a little time on those, lets hope.

Damama T said...

Good luck! Short of an actual metal hasp with a padlock I never found anything that'd keep the boys out of what they wanted into. I finally just gave up on trying to hide stuff and just started taking something of theirs if they decided that something of mine was fair game. And anything that was to dangerous for them to have didn't come into the house.