My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

06 December 2009

Adoption Is On Track

We talked to our lawyer on Friday about some concerns we've been having that I can't mention here because I want to protect the privacy of Jane as well as our own. But the good news is that the lawyer certain that there is nothing that's going to stand in the way of this adoption taking place as easily as we had hoped aside from of course Jane changing her mind. But we're certain that she's not going to do that. She and I talk nearly every day and she's anxious to be the one who's able to make our family complete by adding a little girl to our world!

We are ready for the baby other than clothes. We have two boys who are super environmental and we're going to use either cloth diapers or gDiapers with our daughter. We like the idea of saving money and doing our share for the environment.

The pumping is still going the same. I've added the herb fenugreek twice a day. It could take weeks to start actually producing milk and not just small drops of whatever. I've ordered a book about adoptive breastfeeding and plan to attend the next local meeting of the La Leche League International.

So everything is going perfect and a huge weight was lifted from our shoulders as well as Jane's and the rest of our families. It's the greatest feeling ever to have the confirmation that our daughter will be ours in about 3 short months!!


~Till They All Come Home~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! I am glad things are falling into place and Girl Baby Best will be here soon!!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

Happy Dances!

Lilac_moon17 said...

I used something similar to the G diapers. I got them from a company in Canada. Anyway, I loved them. They were supper easy and I never had to buy and more. The ones I bought worked form newborn all the way through. You will love them, minus the cleaning part, but its worth it.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, okay, I really haven't checked in for a while.

This is big news. Huge. And adoptive lactation. You go girl.

Sending you lots of prayers that everything goes smoothly.