We often do crazy things here! We like to mix things up and test our endurance. This past week has been spent with four extra kids. Two girls 5 and 9 and two boys 11 and 15. It's been an interesting time.
Korbin and his wife Megan were thrilled to get to spend the week together. The first night Korbin informed me that he wanted Megan to sleep in his room. I told him that boys and girls can't sleep together till they are grown ups. His response "well I already married her!" My response was sleeping bags under the loft bed. They were happy as clams with that decision.
Yesterday Korbin came to my room crying and climbed up into my bed where I was reading a book.
He said "I stepped on a staple" between fake sobs. I said "oh no! What should we do?" He replied in a very serious tone: "we're either going to have to cut it off and get me a new one or get me some kid crutches!" Very seriously I said to him "okay then let's cut it off and we'll get you a new foot!" He said "maybe we should try kids crutches first." I asked him where we'd find those. He said "let's head to the hospital and get them there!" He was no longer in pain and I told him to make his own.
He was spotted later in the day with two sticks....
Silly kid!
The kids have enjoyed having their friends here. We went out in the canoe. We went swimming and Korbin decided he didn't need his life jacket anymore and was even jumping off the diving board and swimming back to the side of the pool all on his own.
We went fishing a few times and caught next to nothing. That was sad.
The kids will be going home soon. Their parents just got back into town after their trip to Vegas. And we leave in the morning (our family, their family and this one too) to go to Buffalo Point Arkansas to camp for six days.
Kirke's parents are meeting us there and camping with us for 3 days then taking the boys back to Texas while we go to my best friends wedding in Chicago. I have like 13 best friends so the rest of ya don't get offended. Then we're driving to Texas to get the boys and then back home and we're starting school on the 24th!
Phew that's a lot of stuff in one month!
Here's a few pictures:

1 comments:
I think you should have seven! I mean you survived having six, so what's one more, right? Like I tell everyone, after three it's all gravy and actually seems to get a little easier.
They all give me that look your doing right now, as well. :)
Post a Comment