We've had too much sadness lately. We knew that with losing our little Allie we had two choices. We could sulk and have a major void in our lives for a while or we can say we did our best for her. We loved her and we will miss her a ton but we've got to get on with it or the sadness will overcome us. We've had way too much of that and we're still a few months away from the end of the deployment.
We talked it over with Kirke. We looked at pictures together online and we talked about what we wanted and together as a family we chose our newest member of the family. If you think we should have waited longer and blah blah blah please keep that to yourself okay? We're not looking for advice on the situation just sharing our story.
We drove two hours south of here to get our new fuzzy family member and were not disappointed!
Meet Sawyer!! He's a 9 week old Australian Shepard/Sheltie Mix. He's mild mannered, friendly, playful and smart. He's perfect for our family! It's kind of scary how good he's been so far. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Ok ok ok here he is!!!
Scrappy is a grumpy old man (11 yrs old now) but he can't hide his love of a new puppy!
He wanted in that water table so badly! He's so good!
Make sure you watch the video of Sawyer low crawling! He does it ALL the time it's so funny! We love him! We needed him and he needed us!

4 comments:
How adorable!
I have a husky/sheltie mix and I absolutely love her! She is a little on the spastic side but I blame the husky in her. I have never had a more faithful dog. Good choice!
And to be honest, when my dogs pass on, I plan on getting more to fill that void.
he is adorable!
What a cutie! Congrats on the new puppy, and your 300th post!
He is super cute! One day you're gonna be looking for him but I wont have any idea where he could be OH BTW when that days comes ignore the puppy shape lump under my shirt ... lol.
Post a Comment