We were supposed to be going to the USO Military Appreciation Day at the St Louis Zoo on Saturday. The thing about that is that it has been planned for about a month now. We don't do planning so well. It always gets jacked up and things blow up in our faces and we get crazy acting! Well I do anyhow.
So as expected plans changed. I saw a TV commercial on Thursday for the Branson First Annual Air Show to be held all weekend for the grand opening of the newly built Branson Airport. It looked like fun so I immediately went to the website and set up a group chat with the girls on MSN messenger to run it by them. I expected resistance because one friend likes to plan things. likes to know what to expect. She isn't always a fan of my impulsiveness. The other one is a go with the flow as long as I'm having fun count me in!
They agreed to skip the boring old zoo crap that we can do anytime and go to the airshow. They however did not like the idea of leaving here at 7am Saturday morning to drive two hours. So we decided to stay the night. I saw an opportunity to take the boys camping. They did not see it my way.
I did some googling and found a KOA Campground in Branson that had a "second night free" deal going. They also had Cabins for my unadventurous friends who chose not to tent camp. One of our other, non-blogging friends was going to brave the tent camping with me. They booked their cabins, I booked my tent site and we waited excitedly for the next day to come.
Friday morning I woke to Amber calling me to say "get in your tornado shelter, OK bye". So I woke the boys and we hung out in our downstairs bathroom for a bit. It was during this time that I decided maybe a cabin would be a good idea. I changed our reservation.
Our friend and I left in the afternoon to head down and make the most of our weekend away. The others caught up later. We grilled, there were no injuries, illness or lost children. We only almost got into one fight with a Mennonite group who yelled at our kids. Yeah yeah we're probably going to hell for that but I don't care what religion you are, don't yell at the kids of moms who've been without their husbands and are exploding with bitchiness due to a lack of physical activity if you know what I mean!
We set her ass straight and I'm pretty sure I didn't even use the eff word. I don't think. But I'm pretty sure I would not have wanted to be the person who make the three of us mad enough to simultaneously fly up out of our chairs and cover 20ft of ground in three steps. She apologized later after learning by our cheering that we are families of deployed soldiers. Bet she prayed for forgiveness and thanked God for her freedom that night!
Anyhow, all was well and here are the pictures to prove it!










7 comments:
wonderful stuff looks like fun was had by all!
Oh my god! I used to live in Branson and I miss it so much sometimes. Thank you for sharing!
GREAT pictures!!!! Looks like it was a nice day! I hate it when people take it upon themselves to correct other people's kids!! It's amazing the sense of entitlement that some people have! You're doing a fantastic job with your boys!!!! Take care!
~Jenni (posting as Roger because I cannot remember my login!) :-)
Great pictures! Glad you guys had such a good time.
I had a great time! We are so there next year!
That, my friend is AWESOME...!
What a memory those kids will have!
I love air shows! Of course growing up on and around Air Force bases, I have seen my fair share. So much better than the zoo, and less smelly. :)
Roger posting as Roger, just in case you thought that I was Jenni again, and stalking you.
Post a Comment