My Real Life Army Brats

My Real Life Army Brats
Those are not Taytons legs, look closely! And if you can't figure it out click on the picture!

12 March 2010

Update and Appology

I suppose I've been missing from the blog world lately. It's been quite an interesting two months around here. We moved from MO to NY. The boys and I spent 9 whole days in NY before deciding to head to MI to await the arrival of our little girl because the birth mom (Jane) was having lots of issues.

We've been here in Michigan for 3 weeks today. Jane is dilated to 2-3 cm right now and hopefully we'll be having a baby soon. My family had a baby shower for us on the 6th and we had a wonderful time catching up since I haven't seen many of the guests in years! I had a great time and got lots of great things for Mackinley.

Her name will be Mackinley Alaine. We will call her Kinley for short. The name Alaine is after our mom's middle names Alice (Kirke's mom) and Jane (my mom and grandma's). I just squished them together and came out with Alaine.

Mackinley is due on March 23 and we're hoping she arrives soon so the boys and I can get back to NY with Kirke. We have two lawyers hired and waiting for the birth to get the ball rolling. One is here in Michigan where we will get a power of attorney so that we can take her to NY with us. She will also handle the birth parents termination of parental rights. Then we have another lawyer in NY that will handle the petition for adoption and representing us there. I'm relieved to have all of the legal stuff in the hands of lawyers and we just need to wait for her arrival.

Please pray for a healthy baby. I know that this pregnancy has been rough and Mackinley may have a rough start. Please keep her and the birth mom in your prayers. We know that if she's born with problems we'll handle them as they come and that we can handle whatever we're given but we pray she's alright!!

Thank you for every one's support and hopefully I'll be posting pictures very very soon!!


~Till They All Come Home~

3 comments:

MaBunny said...

I hope all turns out well. I've told you that before. All of you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I love her name. My sister in law has to daughters, and one of them is named Kinley, but its not short for anything:) I think its a beautiful name.

Anonymous said...

You know you've got my prayers coming your way. I hope everything goes smoothly and that little girls makes her appearance soon. I cannot begin to imagine how you are feeling right now until everything is over and done with and she is home with you. Stay strong. Hugs.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

cant wait to meet her :) i think we out her in blog land are as excited as you LOL :) ok almmost as excited!